100 elektron sidstations available - act fast!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FYI -

http://www.sidstation.com/

they've got more chips! and they're selling em now - if you're looking for the ultimate commodore 64 sound experience, as well as just a damn nice synth (I love mine to pieces) then this is a great chance to get one new.

/michael

that was fast :(

eek....

well, I just got the email from elektron about 20 minutes ago, wonder if it's not live on the site yet and they're only allowing elektron "friends" in right now....

sorry for the false alarm! check the site later maybe :?:

from Elektron -
SidStation Resurrected!
-----------------------

Against all odds we did it! 100 factory new SID 6581 chips are safe and
secured at the Elektron HQ. 100 new SidStations have been produced and are
ready for delivery. At least for a short while the unique SidStation sound
can find its way to the control of new daring musicians.

The new batch of SidStations is built exactly like the previous ones. All
original parts have been hunted down to assure the original sound. They are
all manufactured in Sweden by the original company.

The price of this batch of SidStations is set to EUR 920 inside the
European Union and USD 950 for USA and outside EU. This price is subject to
change.

The initial friend price for 25 units is 760 EUR inside Europe Union and
790 USD for USA and outside EU.

The friend price is valid for a maximum of 25 units, and not after the
10:th of March, one week from now, and only for members who joined before
today's date. After the 10:th of March, or when the 25 units have sold out,
the website will be updated and all customers can order at the regular
price.
:D

usually i never register at websites, but this time it payed off.
where is my credit card.

price too steep... at least I have QuadraSID and a real C64...

i just placed my order...760EUR with free shipping...thats within my reach...
i have the feeling that it wont be hard to sell on ebay, especially when those last 100 units are sold out.
i rather buy some weird gear than a bunch of softsynths. nothing wrong with softsynths, but hardware is just more sexy.

dczx wrote:price too steep... at least I have QuadraSID and a real C64...
I've still got my Vic20!!! Lost half my teenage years to the machine! :D
There are 2 rules to being a success in life: 1. Never give out all the information.

Has anyone tried Hardsid? I was thinking about getting a Sidstation back when they were around $500, but anything more than that is just out of control.

skrasms wrote:Has anyone tried Hardsid? I was thinking about getting a Sidstation back when they were around $500, but anything more than that is just out of control.
i have an Hardsid Quattro with 3 chips, turning it on a possible 9 part mono multitimbral synth, its fat and sweet
i got it just a few months ago and couldn't yet do all the right cabling using its several inputs and outputs to take advantage of all its potential, than theres the lack of support on win98, tho it seems it runs perfectly on the xp and macosX
besides its analog outputs, the board comes with a cd connector in case you prefer to connect it to your already installed soundcard cdrom connector, avoiding external cabling.
its synth editor is very intuitive and easy to get on , strange on how to put the sids playing on the c64s and than now, on that very good looking editor with knobs to tweak... lots of lfos, combining posibilities beetween them, almost all synth editor parameters are automable, it is incredible flexible all the poly, mono, multitimbral, patch changing from one to others ... tho when in mouse tweaking mode, you may find it that the knobs are non realtime 'tweakble' :wink:
the soundcard itself comes ready to insert on a pci slot + some extra 'resistors(?)' if you're on to turn its filters fAt'er... you'll need an ironing solder.
it cames with a nice presets bank and there are some downloadble from the website... personally i don't know if there's an active group with to trade banks and ask or talk about it
... my 2 pees :wink:

about the sidstation, i never tried, only heard michael tracks that are obviously a great example of its power, tho it seems not multitimbral, hmm? and one only chip?... and damn expensive!
[edit]
hjack wrote:... you'll need an ironing solder.
?wata...
i meant soldering iron :hihi:
[/edit]

Return to “Instruments”