steam mp3 demo, patches

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

info
http://www.xoxos.net/steam.html

patches if you have old v.
(engine has minor updates like black text colour)
http://www.xoxos.net/steam/steambank01.zip

mp3 - some sounds!
http://www.xoxos.net/steam/steam01.mp3

about steam

imo wavetable synthesis is kind of a cheap snazzy trick.. an extra 2d preset-rom axis of modulation, not exactly exciting concept to "synthesist"

however.. it is fundamentally different and is easy to use for dynamic, motile textures i would call 'chaotic' or 'organic' - you can be kind, but i wouldn't use steam for an all-purpose synth.

steam is a VERY DIGITAL synth. most of the demo mp3 material is 1 note.

i tailored steam to be ~'what i thought the fizmo should be..' eg. enough lfos to churn up the wavetables some and wavetables with some grit and noise for chirpy idm sounds.

when i was putting it together, etric of evm synths released a sidband filter module that compares output generated by two poles.. just the thing to combine with churning wavetables for chaotic/'natural' sound.

anyway, whatever.

here's another one :p
Last edited by xoxos on Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I think more software demo tracks should sound like this. Scare the hell out of the shoppers some. If you decide to make a nice big 10-minute version let me know, will go straight to my mobile player.

:hyper: ten minute xoxos track :hail:

gee guys if life wanted me to make electronic music, it wouldn't have condemned me to listen to the same sounds over and over and over again :D

..you do that to..

f**k it, i'm broke, buy my damn shit, i'm off to see if i got some notes left.

after i patrol kvr and make sure no bad people came.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Likin' that demo, Rurik.

And anyone who hasn't tried Steam out yet should take it for a test drive - it's something special.

Nice sounds. Pity it doesn't seem to pop out a sound at all in Tracktion.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

audiobot202 wrote:Nice sounds. Pity it doesn't seem to pop out a sound at all in Tracktion.
:D people. did you grab the waves? won't make a sound w/o them. put them in a folder called 'steam' wherever the .dll is :D

xoxos wrote:

f**k it, i'm broke, buy my damn shit, .

well its my birthday on thursday,so generally my relatives give me cash so who knows...

now make the damn tune :x

:hihi:

Let's go people..Xoxos is far too eccentric to be independantly wealthy, I'd imagine..

:hihi:

I'd pay 3 times the very generous donation request for a sonic hairball this good..So if you dig the instrument, show the guy some love and help support development of future atrocities, eh?

:x

i've been whistling ellington's "when my sugar walks down te street" for 3 weeks straight. incessantly, day, night.. when i connect a wire.. when i feed the cat.. any time i do somethnig there's some space in the tune where it comes in.. you wanta know how to drive people up the wall..

tune :D

Any way of making a donation for those of us without access to such things as Paypal?

xoxos wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:Nice sounds. Pity it doesn't seem to pop out a sound at all in Tracktion.
:D people. did you grab the waves? won't make a sound w/o them. put them in a folder called 'steam' wherever the .dll is :D
Indeed I did. Still no sound. I even downloaded ARPlite and tried it in Tracktion and it had sound issues. As in, the ARP did not function and nothing was recorded in Tracktion.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

bump

dek - :p you could send me a bunch of pictures i sit on or leave some candy for the bugs or somethnig.

ab - no clue, but i think someone else managed to use it in tracktion so ? it must be your fault nya nya because i'm perfect :)

so couple points..

like the purple gui with the dark text, it's just nasty with the light but price of being readable :p

did a quick hi-contrast hack for a tattoo artist's eyes, would like to tidy it up some if so.. how do you lot feel about a hi-contrast option :p

+ how do you feel about me hacking the filter routing up.. i like the "input 1 to 2 and have osc input for 2" option but i'd like to add a "1 into 2 and no osc into 2" option, and replace the f2 off button with a f1/f2 mix knob..

is this going to screw up everyone's lives, should i leave it?

I'm getting a 404 error on the download bank link Xoxos?

Is it just me? :?

Return to “Instruments”