Progress Audio SOUP Loops. (New Presets on The Way)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alright folks....I've been hired to give soup the ol' ToTc Treatment. I've been hard at work on patches....The total, when finished, will be 200. Here's an mp3 of 2 little loops i threw together really quick to demo some of the presets. The first loop uses 3 instances of SOUP (1=Bass, 1=Pad, 1=Lead)
and the second uses 4 instances of SOUP (1=Bass, 1=Lead1, 1=Lead 2, 1=Pad). Not the most impressive tracking in the world...but i'm hoping it'll make a few people out there reconsider soup. All sounds are dry....nothing but light compression on the final track output.

Stream/Download : HERE

Let me know.

peace! 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

hey ToTc
Not all folks know what Soup is ????

:-)
Moms the word :-)
(Is this the Wusik / Many Soup Kitchen soundset you mentioned? Or other?? )
More info please.
Sounds great btw but short.

Paul

what is soup?

oh and can i have some,cream of mushroom if ya got it :D

manytone wrote:hey ToTc
Not all folks know what Soup is ????

:-)
Moms the word :-)
(Is this the Wusik / Many Soup Kitchen soundset you mentioned? Or other?? )
More info please.
Sounds great btw but short.

Paul
Yeah, i know there short. lol. Put your media player on "Repeat" mode.

No, this isn't the wusik/many station set...this is a set of presets i was hired to make for the SOUP VSTi by PROGRESS AUDIO

It got flamed here when it was first released due to issues with the price, some bugs, and ppl being un-impressed with the factory presets.......But, the price has been lowered considerably and the bugs have been fixed...so all that's left is for there to be some nice factory presets...hence my involvment.

They should be done within the week.

peace!

-=ToTc Owns You=-

SOunds good, but no Demo mp3s on the website, and no demo version = really not a good way to promote your product!!!

Its so important to have demos of your products otherwise people will just not part with the money... :)

Hunter wrote:SOunds good, but no Demo mp3s on the website, and no demo version = really not a good way to promote your product!!!

Its so important to have demos of your products otherwise people will just not part with the money... :)
:lol: There's a download link to the demo right on the page i linked to (the progress audio site). If you scroll down there are two buttons...one says Try Demo and the other says Buy. There are audio demos on the product page....i just didn't link directly to them. You've gotta navigate a little. :wink: The Audio demos on the site aren't too great though....i believe they are working on new ones.

peace!

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Nope, none of that appearing for me! maybe its a Firefox issue? the audio demo section is blank, and there is no link to buy or demo... just lots of white space...

Hunter wrote:Nope, none of that appearing for me! maybe its a Firefox issue? the audio demo section is blank, and there is no link to buy or demo... just lots of white space...
Yup, it's FireFox then. ; )

peace!

-=ToTc Owns You=-

From what i see...
Site requires a Java Plug for your browser in order to see the missing stuff.
Paul

Sorry for the confusion on my part too.
I know you are are doing a soup kitchen project for your mom... and when you mentioned Soup here ...well .. I assumed it to be that. Guess there is more than 1 soup pot. :-)
Sorry to you and to Progress Audio for the misunderstanding.
Paul

manytone wrote:Sorry for the confusion on my part too.
I know you are are doing a soup kitchen project for your mom... and when you mentioned Soup here ...well .. I assumed it to be that. Guess there is more than 1 soup pot. :-)
Sorry to you and to Progress Audio for the misunderstanding.
Paul
Naah, it's really not a problem. 8)
My fault really.....I forgot about all the "Soup-Connections" that i had. :P

I'd like to hear some comments from anyone who was turned off by the audio available on the website when this vsti was first release.

Peace! 8)

-=ToTc Owns You=-

Well it would put me off spending money if I could not try or hear a synth, but seeing as its a Firefox problem it shouldn't have been too much of a problem i hope.

You seem to be in touch with the dev so could you make him aware of the potential problem? It would be a shame if people were being put off by this problem.

But from the brief mp3 in this thread it DOES sound good, but then I am biased when it comes to additive synthesis :wink: :D

Good luck!

Hi folks, I'm Alex and I'm Soup's developer.

Firstly, thanks to ToTc for helping out and doing some fine work with those presets!

Sorry for the problems with the website, it is indeed a Java plugin problem. I am working on fixing this so it works fine in all browsers, although it will take a few days to complete this.

In the meantime, you can download the demo by entering the following link into your browser:

www.progressaudio.co.uk/Soup/SoupDEMOSetup.exe

I am frantically working on the updated version. As well as the great new set of presets, there will be a number of improvements to the synth, including the addition of a modulation matrix, formant filter, and an improved patch browser. The update will of course be free for current users.

Any comments or queries can be emailed to alex@progressaudio.co.uk

Thanks guys,
Alex

Return to “Instruments”