Sytrus

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it claims to do a 'very approximate conversion', so it works as advertised. I'd improve it if I could find some detailed & reliable goddamn DX7 specification doc.

Just out of interest can anyone manage the 64X oversampling - the most I can manage is 32x on most patches with HQ envelopes on before maxing out (on a P4 3.6). Doesn't matter that much, 2-8x is perfectly adequate but I just wondered why the 64x option is there if no system can manage it (futureproofing?)

it claims to do a 'very approximate conversion', so it works as advertised.
Fair enough. I didn't mean to sound like I'm not happy with the synth, because in general I am.

If you're serious about improving the import accuracy, you might want to speak to the author of FMHeaven (Cesare Ferrari at Loftsoft). He put a high priority on accurately recreating the hardware patches when he built FMHeaven, and seems to have spent a lot of time "reverse engineering" the Yamaha synths.

David

but I just wondered why the 64x option is there if no system can manage it
rendering/mixdown. It's also available in the realtime quality because it doesn't hurt and it allows you to check how it will render, but realtime you shouldn't need to go over 2x or 4x in some cases.

Return to “Instruments”