Albino2, Vanguard or MX4?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which one of these three would you choose?

I think both Albino2 and Vanguard sound great (no demo for mx4 :(). Although I really dig the 'Trancegate' on Vanguard, I decided to buy Albino2 because it's arp is so much more sophisticated, but then I notice MX4 2 will have *both* of these things when it ships http://tinyurl.com/5usfp. Plus it can take audio input - something neither the other two do that I'm aware. So I'm trying to figure out why this synth isn't more popular. Is it simply because MOTU hasn't figured out a way do make a demo available or dose it not sound as good?
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 12.4.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays, Lynx Aurora (n) USB, DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com

Maybe because it's only for MAS, RTAS and AU - no VST whatsoever...

Albino2 has trancegate too.

z3ta+!!!!!!!!!! :hihi:

Virus C !!!!!!!!!!
:hihi:

more serious
Z3ta+ !!!
can load midis for the arp!!!

or if you´re into trance try maxxclaster toxic, got arp and trancegate alike thingy, but much cheaper ;-)

:wink: :wink: :wink:

TI
:hihi:

dix wrote:Which one of these three would you choose?

I think both Albino2 and Vanguard sound great (no demo for mx4 :(). Although I really dig the 'Trancegate' on Vanguard, I decided to buy Albino2 because it's arp is so much more sophisticated, but then I notice MX4 2 will have *both* of these things when it ships http://tinyurl.com/5usfp. Plus it can take audio input - something neither the other two do that I'm aware. So I'm trying to figure out why this synth isn't more popular. Is it simply because MOTU hasn't figured out a way do make a demo available or dose it not sound as good?
Albino2 is the better synth. 8)

I hate hidded links in open forums http://tinyurl.com

anything could be at the other end of them

apart from that Albino2 is the one to get - IMO

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

TVD wrote:

Albino2 is the better synth. 8)
:-o

better than my old 20$ crap guitar???

:shock:

better than what ???

well I think there is no better, only for your personal taste or style of working or the presets you like, you can say it is the better synth for you

my two cents...a trance gate effect need not necessarily be placed inside a vsti...there should be enough vst-fx plugins to achieve the same...

I would choose albino2. But then again, I wouldn't, because for me, the synth I'll release shortly will be better :) (aimed at the same kind of style I'd say, sorry for the shameless plug :))
Isdjan, although it's often nice to be able to include it in the presets, some people don't like having delays or other fx included in the instruments, and some do.
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

stefancrs wrote:[...]Isdjan, although it's often nice to be able to include it in the presets, some people don't like having delays or other fx included in the instruments, and some do.
this is for sure a matter of personal taste. in complex arrangements, i find it hard to keep track of all the built-in fx, so i replace them by sends most of the time, disable the internal vsti fx and *hope* this will save some cpu performance...

then again, i know that those internal effects can be a great addition to synth presets. which i really appreciated since days of my hardware wavestation. for my current workflow, i prefer assembling the whole stuff with external fx...

albino 2's a killer,it's the one i prefer, i never used the MX4, vanguard's great synth but ....
if i had to choose only one, i'd go for albino
a great matrix modulation,4 oscillators (with digital/analog waveforms), 2 filters (each with two types silk/cream), 4 LFOs (with each 6 waveforms), 8 enveloppes generators, an arpeggio, 7 or 8 effects, you can change the tune of the instrument and load eastern or indian scales, simply complete for me

.... whereas vanguard has 3 oscillators, 2 env, 3 lfo (single waveform), 1 filter

i don't plan to do all parameters references but i think that the possibilities offered by albino are far away beyond vanguard :love:
the price is also more than two times higher than REfx synth.....

i'm not saying that vanguard is shit or anything :uhuhuh: , i have much respect for refx works :hail: and i like their synth but you simply can't pan each filter to a side, send two osc to a filter and the two others to the second filter, modulate each osc and each filter with a different enveloppe, use an independant lfo per osc etc .... :-o :shock: :o

my 2 cents

apart from built-in trancegates, my personal taste would make me choose a synth which offers a nice bunch of waves other than the usual VA range, which applies to both mx4 and albino after my knowledge.

Return to “Instruments”