VST pattern drum sequencer ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Helo guys, can you recomend me a Pattern drum sequencer, with ability to map every knob and every button (preferably each step) on MIDI mesage. Ive tried ERA from Sonicbytes and Iam probably blind because I havent found any. :(

Thanks

Jura

Microtonic

Nusofting DK+

I use FL for this purpose... Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for.

-Ido

Thank you, but none of them let you edit patterns in real time. I need to control via CC every single step in sense of real groovebox. :(

Please HELP, I canot believe that there is NO drum sequencer with editable steps via CC out there. Is possible to do that with Reaktor ? Or with Synthedit?

adding 'steps' to list of drums :p

tbh i wouldn't expect one.. seen like gate, velo, length, but not much beyond that..

i think the more effective way to address this is, instead of asking for one vst that does it all, use a modular host (like chainer or ext inside your preferrd host) with any of these vsti and use midi step sequencers to send cc to it, same thing, no problem, no one has to code one especially for that.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

so you want to be able to send midi messages to turn steps of the drum sequencer on/off?

do I understand you right?

the reason I ask is that I'm still working on phatbeatz (slowly, but surely :-)) and I like to add midi control of stuff to my plugins.

Thanks, it remindes me MIDIbag by TobyBear. Probably found what Ive looking for. :)

Cerebrum can do this. Every control, including the pattern steps can be assigned to MIDI and is fully automatable. There's also a free MIDI sequencer included with the demo that can do this too.
Hope this helps.

microtonic

heavy artificial kik.

also good hats

Thhaaannnkksss Jack.
This free cerebrum sequencer almost fits my needs. :hihi:

But it dont send MIDI on/off status (from steps) to MIDI out to control LEDs. :(

Iam planing to build MIDI controler exactly for VST Drum sequencer to have realtime control over patterns. 16 butons to control step on/off+some to control play, stop, prog change... 16 LEDs to control whitch step is on/off, and 16sliders or knobs to control pitch or velo of every step.

Thanks to all, for your advices. :hihi:

isn't there a drumsynth in Reaktor 4 that can do that?

Jura wrote:Please HELP, I canot believe that there is NO drum sequencer with editable steps via CC out there. Is possible to do that with Reaktor ? Or with Synthedit?
yeah I know.. and afaik there is no such thing. If you have Logic, you can step insert your notes with a keyboard and two buttons for rw & ff of steps. but this is not exactly what you mean but it gets close tho.
Same goes for softsamplers... there is no softsampler wich actualy SAMPLES AUDIO IN!!?? :x .. So there are no REAL softsamplers if ya ask me, only soft sample players :lol:

oh :o i gotta check out that Celebrum!

Return to “Instruments”