Kill me, but I prefer Arturia MiniMoogV to Minimonsta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it could sound like a flame, but it's true. GMedia-OhmForce says that the Minimonsta emulates an early version of Minimoog and blah blah... although sounding very good on his own rigth, the Arturia sounds reminds me A HELL LOT MORE the hardware Mini ones I remember, and they are far more usable.
I don't own nor played an analog hardware Mini, but basing on recordings I can nail each and every one of the sounds of -for example- Air's Moon Safari (with the exception of the solina and rhodes ones of course). Maybe I'm too stupid, but I can´t do similar things with Minimonsta and the presets doesnt't inspire me at all. If the Minimonsta sounds like a real Minimoog... sorry, I don't like the Minimoog... I prefer the good ole Arturia virtual minimoog...
"Épater les bourgeois"

you sound as if you feel you have something to be ashamed of...?

yeah, like vurt said..
it's just your preference.. no one can blame you for that

you like what you like
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Not a thing in the world wrong with liking one synth's sound better than another. They're both excellent pieces of programming IMO, whichever you pick you're getting some nice retro sounds (plus some new features).

By all means, use what pleases you!

One question, though -- when playing with the minimonsta presets, did you try morphing around using the melohman octave? A lot of what appear to be single presets actually contain up to twelve sounds, and you can play "in the cracks" between those sounds too.

Meffy

OMG, I can't believe you posted this to a public forum.

:hihi:

YOU GODAMN f**k! I SHOULD f**king HUNT YOU DOWN LIKE THE DOG THAT YOU ARE AND KILL YOU! MACHODA! MACHODA! MACHODA! MACHODA! MACHODA! MACHODA!

er... use whatever you want man.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

As a show of support for your personal opinion, I'll offer some myself:

I don't much like either of the synths, and I don't much care for Minimoogs in general.

And I think winter is too long in Canada, and that there is no excuse for a bad cup of coffee, and that Krispy Kreme donuts are sickly filth designed to make Americans die at a younger age, and maintaining your dental health is important but dentists are evil.

Rock on!

and Logic sounds 20-40% better than Cubase!!
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I share the original posters sentiments.

Based on a few minutes with each demo and their available presets, I feel the Artura version is more bold and distinctive.

spaceman: That's supposed to be "Nuendo sounds 20-40% better than Sonar." :-D

ISTR that the person who claimed he could hear a 20-40% difference also claimed to own the biggest studio in Chicago... but couldn't back up that claim when challenged. (Though that might've been a different person, I forget.)

Kill me, but I prefer the Creamware Minimax over both the Minimoog V and the Minimonsta...

:roll:

Democritus wrote:I know it could sound like a flame, but it's true. GMedia-OhmForce says that the Minimonsta emulates an early version of Minimoog and blah blah... although sounding very good on his own rigth, the Arturia sounds reminds me A HELL LOT MORE the hardware Mini ones I remember, and they are far more usable.
I don't own nor played an analog hardware Mini, but basing on recordings I can nail each and every one of the sounds of -for example- Air's Moon Safari (with the exception of the solina and rhodes ones of course). Maybe I'm too stupid, but I can´t do similar things with Minimonsta and the presets doesnt't inspire me at all. If the Minimonsta sounds like a real Minimoog... sorry, I don't like the Minimoog... I prefer the good ole Arturia virtual minimoog...
Just to let you know, you're not the first to think so. My thought's on the Minimonsta are this, as a software synth, but not necessarily comparing it to a Minimoog, it is pretty cool. Thing is though, I found the 18 voice unison CPU spikes to make the thing simply unusable. People complain about the Arturia's CPU hog issues, but at least you kind of know what's coming. With the monsta, the way it took it no CPU when it wasn't playing, if you're not careful you can hit one note and your computer explodes (well, at least mine did). Didn't help that I personally didn't find the GUI attractive either, although I do agree that Arturia's is way too huge, and quasi non-functional on the other side. As far as sound goes, give me SS2 over either one.

R U D3AF OR WUT????! OMG MOD3L E OWNS AL TAHT LME AS SHIT!11!!! LOL OWNS!!111!! WTF

shamann wrote:Krispy Kreme donuts are sickly filth designed to make Americans die at a younger age
Now you've gone too far.

Return to “Instruments”