Question for Way Out Ware...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not the obvious one about when TimeWARP VST is coming out, but I apologise in advance if the question has already been asked...

The web site states:
WOW has created a new industry benchmark with its TimewARP 2600 digital VCF. It must be heard to be believed.
So, is TimeWARP 2600 based on a model that had the original ARP 4012 filter - the one Moog sued them over? I don't know if Arturia's effort is based on the Moog filter (they have Moog's backing for other products of course) or whether even GForce used it for the Oddity. I wonder what the legal implications are nowadays?

Thanks.
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

Hi, maybe e-mail them? I asked them if they were still on schedule for the release of VST "first half of 2005" today and they replied back within hours saying yes (well a bit more than just yes).
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote:Hi, maybe e-mail them? I asked them if they were still on schedule for the release of VST "first half of 2005" today and they replied back within hours saying yes (well a bit more than just yes).
that's funny I e-mailed them with the same question and even said I was considering the Arturia version but wanted to wait till their demo was out to make up my mind and that was probably 3-4 weeks ago and I still haven't received a response....ummmm.
that makes me feel like I don't matter. :cry:

Cheat Mode wrote:Not the obvious one about when TimeWARP VST is coming out, but I apologise in advance if the question has already been asked...
[\quote]
Hello,

We are nearing completion of the AU version now, and the VST version is not far behind.
The web site states:
WOW has created a new industry benchmark with its TimewARP 2600 digital VCF. It must be heard to be believed.
So, is TimeWARP 2600 based on a model that had the original ARP 4012 filter - the one Moog sued them over? I don't know if Arturia's effort is based on the Moog filter (they have Moog's backing for other products of course) or whether even GForce used it for the Oddity. I wonder what the legal implications are nowadays?

Thanks.
We modeled the classic "G-clef" logo ARP 2600 filter (model 4072). This is a quad integrator filter design. Self oscillation and audio frequency modulation of cut-off frequency behave as you would expect a real ARP 2600 to.

Many hours of side by side testing went into the development of this filter.

Best Regards,
-Jim

TimewARP wrote:
Cheat Mode wrote:Not the obvious one about when TimeWARP VST is coming out, but I apologise in advance if the question has already been asked...
[\quote]
Hello,

We are nearing completion of the AU version now, and the VST version is not far behind.
The web site states:

Thanks.
We modeled the classic "G-clef" logo ARP 2600 filter (model 4072). This is a quad integrator filter design. Self oscillation and audio frequency modulation of cut-off frequency behave as you would expect a real ARP 2600 to.

Many hours of side by side testing went into the development of this filter.

Best Regards,
-Jim
thanks Jim but do you have any idea why I never received a response to my e-mail sent on 2/23?
not a bitch question just wondered if there's an e-mail problem because it did rather turn me off.
You have always been very forthcoming here at KvR and I couldn't quite understand why I never heard back.

The web site states:

Thanks.
Just for the record the filter on the Oddity was modeled on the second issue black model Oddysey, thats the one that was released AFTER moog sued Arp for the filter in the White Oddysey :)

seamonkey wrote:thanks Jim but do you have any idea why I never received a response to my e-mail sent on 2/23?
not a bitch question just wondered if there's an e-mail problem because it did rather turn me off.
You have always been very forthcoming here at KvR and I couldn't quite understand why I never heard back.
There has been a lot going on here getting ready with the AU and VST versions of TimewARP 2600. We try to respond to all requests as quickly and completely as possible. I just went back through correspondence of 2/23 and it was a rather heavy day. I do see a request that appears to have gone unanswered. There are two of us responding to messages, and sometimes when we handoff to eachother, things can get missed.

For complete tracking of requests, messages sent through the support page at http://www.wayoutware.com/support.php are all logged and tracked with a database system. Messages addressed to tryout@wayoutware.com go into a hopper that gets reviewed by a human, and then entered into a list for notification when the version requested is ready. Sometimes that process can cause no response to be sent to a question. A better place to ask questions (from our end) is info@wayoutware.com. This mailbox gets responded to very quickly.

We will review this problem, and work on a better way to handle information requests that come into tryout@wayoutware.com. Our priority right now however, (as I hope you can appreciate) is getting the AU and VST versions of TimewARP 2600 into all of your hands. :-)

We can't wait until it arrives in our hands! :D

Personally, I would like to buy an ARP 2600 emulation, but will decide which one to buy when the VST version of TimewARP2600 is released.

All the best with the release of the AU and VST versions of this great sounding synth Way Out Ware. :hail:

John :hyper:

Good stuff takes time and I know what I'm talking about... :oops:

:hihi:

;) Urs

P.S.: Hey Jim, will answer you email tomorrow!

Wayoutware didn't hesitate to post A/B examples of the a real 2600 and their sofware synth. That alone speaks volumes about the seriousness of the emulation. I look forward to a vst demo of the 2600.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

2600 Ring Modulator as a standalone VST plug?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

According to the Vintage Synth Explorer, Arturia's emulation IS based on the 4012 filter - that's not a guarantee that it actually sounds like it.

Jim - many thanks for your response. vintagesynth.com rates TimewARP way over and above 2600 V in terms of authenticity, which for me is the whole point of these emulations. I will hang on to my cash and await the VST release. :hyper:

In the meantime I'll grow my hair into a big blonde afro.
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

thank you for your comments Jim and for the personal e-mail explaining the situation.
I appreciate it.
thanks again,
seamonkey

Return to “Instruments”