oddity's midi implementation sucks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i really want to love that synth.
but...i can't believe it has no program change...am i supposed to control it with the mouse??
how hard can it be to implement program change?
sorry for the rant...but i find that unbelieveable.
Last edited by plastic on Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Can't your host be set up to manage program changes?
Analogue or digital – which is better? There's only one way to find out... FI-I-IGHT!!!

You SUCK! :P
just kidding btw. :wink:

Haha ;P I wonder how I've managed to change programs on synths for 4 years now without a midicontroller.. I still don't got a midicontroller and it's the least of my worries..
I'm a Jugga Nut!

safeaim wrote:Haha ;P I wonder how I've managed to change programs on synths for 4 years now without a midicontroller.. I still don't got a midicontroller and it's the least of my worries..
repeat after me "I need a midicontroller", "I need a midicontroller".
c'mon there's nothing like feeling the touch of good old black&white keys under your fingers,man it gives me a rush everytime. :D

I know it's nice.. it's just the part about saving up money for a keyboard.. I'm saving money for the first time in my life :P
I'm a Jugga Nut!

i'm using ableton live and cubase sx2.
i don't think i can map program change to vst preset selection.
it works with other vsti too, except big sample based ones, as athmosphere. i can understand that those do not support program change because there would be a long gap, but with oddity presets change instantly, it can even morph between them!
it's insane not to implement program change here.

plastic wrote:i'm using ableton live and cubase sx2.
i don't think i can map program change to vst preset selection.
it works with other vsti too, except big sample based ones, as athmosphere. i can understand that those do not support program change because there would be a long gap, but with oddity presets change instantly, it can even morph between them!
it's insane not to implement program change here.
perhaps an e-mail to G-media would help answer the question for you.

plastic wrote:i really want to love that synth.
but...i can't believe it has no program change...am i supposed to control it with the mouse??
how hard can it be to implement program change?
sorry for the rant...but i find that unbelieveable.
The Oddity doesn't suck. You might consider changing the thread title to reflect the facts.

Perhaps you need to read the LIVE 4 manual properly.
There is a little bit in there on ohhhhh yeah that's right program changes and ummmmm CC paramter automation via clip envelopes :roll: .

FaX wrote:Perhaps you need to read the LIVE 4 manual properly.
There is a little bit in there on ohhhhh yeah that's right program changes and ummmmm CC paramter automation via clip envelopes :roll: .
FaX, but does it allow me to change oddity preset with my keyboard?
i admit that i didn't read the whole live manual yet. something i need to do sooner or later.

Return to “Instruments”