Electric Piano

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

S_A_P® wrote:Lazy snake? never heard of it.
so how do you know you can't get any closer than Mr.Ray then? :hihi:

Both are fantastic! :-D LazySnake is from Andreas Ersson
(the developer of Iblit, Polyiblit, Ersdrum and Vendetta) - it's free, very versatile and also very low on the cpu! :-D

I'm not sure how close it gets e.g. to a Rhodes but it really feels like a real electro-acoustic instrument 8)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I've put my headphones off after listening LazySnake demos, and now I can say there's room for everyone.
If you need a close-to-the-original emulation, no doubt MrRay wins hands down.
But if - on the other side - you need the possibility to experiment with more strange variations, LazySnake can be a good workhorse.

But don't forget your hands - THEY MAKE THE DIFFERENCE!
TPM

Thanks Jens!

I've completely missed LazySnake! A. Ersson is a guru in my books, downloading now :)

MrRay73 BLOWS AWAY mda e-piano and 4front for realism.

another fan of MrRay73 (not to be confused with the original MrRay, which is also good, I prefer 73 personally). The only downside when compared to the commercial brands is the lack of "analog" sounding saturation at the amp stage, but I don't care, since I use mostly clean ep sounds. You could always substitute a good amp sim.

I'll add another vote for different-epianos-for-different-tracks.
Mainly I use Lounge Lizard, but at times i've reached for both mda epiano and even a patch called Vinyl Rhodes from Plugsound Free.

And just to add one more :
Jrhodes3 - 5 velocity layers, nice sound, free!
http://learjeff.com/sf/sf.html

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

ANY chance Mr. Ray will be available for the MAC??

I'm dying here!!!!! :help:

tdm71 wrote:ANY chance Mr. Ray will be available for the MAC??

I'm dying here!!!!! :help:
nope - I'm afraid not - it's SynthEdit made...

My spies inform me that tdm71 wrote:ANY chance Mr. Ray will be available for the MAC??
Yeah, just as soon as SynthEdit gets ported. :hihi:
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

tdm71, but you Mac guys have the evp88...so no worries there, right? I thought that was supposed to be great.

Pete

Try layering MrRay73 with the mda EP. Nice EP pads...

MrRay73 is a winner, so is Elektrik Piano.
I have both and I wouldn't give up either one of them.

The "A Suitcase Rhodes" patch from plugsounds free is also good, as mentioned earlier. Not nearly as dynamic as a generative ep however.

Return to “Instruments”