Love at First Sight

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote:the thing is: it actually isn't music related! ;-)
Suppose, but A/V isn't completely foreign to music talk.

Concert video mixing etc. Best visuals I ever saw was at a Godspeed you black emperor show, where one guy mixed and matched reel-to-reel film loops projected behind the band.

Jello would have loved this thing doing Neurosis' visual effects on tour..

:shrug:

who am I to say what belongs where anyway - I just found it a bit misleading to put it in the instruments forum - at first when I followed the link I thought it was something like Neko or that new Oasys thingamajig and then was pretty disappointed to find out it's 'just' a fantastic looking video-mixing-all-in-wonder... - as good as it may be looking it's of no value/interest to me because I'm not doing any video-editing ...
Last edited by jens on Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

... (I hit 'quote' instead of 'edit' :oops:)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

foosnark wrote::scared: It looks like a parody.
Of what? :?

Kriminal wrote:I suffered from love at first sight on sunday afternoon...mind you, i was drunk, coming up on 2 pills and she did have some very low waist jeans on :hihi:

poor girl, i think i stared at her groin for about 20 mins :roll: :lol:
Krim-you have a case of D.O. M syndrome.
Better get treatment immediately.

Sickle wrote:
jens wrote:the thing is: it actually isn't music related! ;-)
:idiot:
Letting off some pent up Steam then are we? :hihi:

Carry on...

db wrote:
It looks like it was envisioned by somebody who saw mixers and synthesizers and computers in the 80's, isn't quite sure what the difference between an organ and a synthesizer is, and doesn't actually know anything about music production -- in much the same way that sci-fi movies from the 50's or 60's had no idea what "futuristic" computers and robots would look like.

For instance, there are a lot of single-function, lighted buttons with obscure abbreviations on them. You'd expect some of these to launch missles or self-destruct or fill the studio with poison gas or "accidentally" delete all your files or something sinister like that. :)

foosnark wrote:
db wrote:
It looks like it was envisioned by somebody who saw mixers and synthesizers and computers in the 80's, isn't quite sure what the difference between an organ and a synthesizer is, and doesn't actually know anything about music production
might be that the one/ the ones who designed it don't have the slightest clue about music-production - but why should they have?

foosnark wrote:
db wrote:
It looks like it was envisioned by somebody who saw mixers and synthesizers and computers in the 80's, isn't quite sure what the difference between an organ and a synthesizer is, and doesn't actually know anything about music production -- in much the same way that sci-fi movies from the 50's or 60's had no idea what "futuristic" computers and robots would look like.
You mean it looks like T2 :hihi:

I'll take Jessica Alba instead thanks... :hihi:

Ok, so it's real, no hoax, no parody, no fun? I'm not sure if it'll be that good ergonmically. The added pianokeyboard is for video effects too so one might be able to play the Moonlight sonata on it (or Video Killed the VST-star).

It's simpler predecessor, the KaosBox II, can be rented by the way:

"The base price for the renting of a KaosBox II is 1500 € / day (excl. taxes)."
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

whichever forum it belongs in...

...its mildly interesting. there are some VJ tools that are starting to really blur the lines between the A and the V.

foosnark wrote:
db wrote:

For instance, there are a lot of single-function, lighted buttons with obscure abbreviations on them. You'd expect some of these to launch missles or self-destruct or fill the studio with poison gas or "accidentally" delete all your files or something sinister like that. :)
Ah, ok. I'd call that a dog's breakfast, not a parody. Parody implies some knowledge of the subject! :lol:

Sounds like those 'City of the Future' articles that mags like Popular Mechanics would write in the 50's. (I wasn't there, just saw some in the library!) Did you know that in the year 2000 we were to fly around with jet packs on our backs. Cars of course would be obselete! :roll: :hihi:

Kriminal wrote:
foosnark wrote:
db wrote:
You mean it looks like T2 :hihi:
Don't let rpc Ron hear you say that! :uhuhuh:

Return to “Instruments”