I got Kontakt 2 today !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Was in the mail when I got home --- Komplete Care roxx !!!. Installed with no probs in Cubase SX 3. I am browsing the library now ---no sleep for me tonight.

:D :D :D
Jens

tell us more about the library! :o

Just briefly --- the guitars and basses are no good IMO --- ST2 is miles ahead on that front. But the surround sounds (and surround editors) are soooo nice --- more later. The KSP seems awesome --- tomorrow I'll print the entire scripting manual so I can read it everyday on the shithouse.
Jens

spmadmin wrote:Just briefly --- the guitars and basses are no good IMO --- ST2 is miles ahead on that front. But the surround sounds (and surround editors) are soooo nice --- more later. The KSP seems awesome --- tomorrow I'll print the entire scripting manual so I can read it everyday on the shithouse.
If you're shitting ON the shithouse, you're doin' it wrong! ;-)

tcissell,

BEST FIRST POST EVER!!!!

Thank you so much!

:hihi:

Me too - arrived while I was asleep :)

So far the prepared pianos have blown me away - must Image and find out what the hell Im doing tho...

:)

Dave

Lucky guy! I have wait to order mine. How is the VSL stuff?

I'm surprised the guitar/basses aren't good. Are you sure about that? Kontakt 1's library had some of the best sampled guitars and basses I've ever heard.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I'm interested to hear the prepared piano in K2, the one with Stormdrum is quite nice... I never thought I'd have too many prepared pianos!!! :)

What's new in Kontakt 2? Is there ram save or anything like that? What about the new fx and surround? I'm especially interested in its loop chopping capabilities and in a browser that actually makes it easier to keep track of samples & samplebanks. Any improvements in these departments?

is the convolution effect bringing your CPU to its knees?
come on you ..... lets have some aphex acid.

mojogigolo wrote:is the convolution effect bringing your CPU to its knees?
It is :x
And I have a 1.6 Centrino so...
But the impulses are 1st class

is there anyway to apply the convolution as offline process on the core sample themselves without going outside of the plugin.

like ..you like a type of reverb on that piano, but cpu doesn't permit...hit aply and voila convultion is applied per sample and minus the cpu hit

although I guess it wouldn't make much sense on single layer instruments.
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

kinda like "freezing" tracks only at samnpler instrument level
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Instruments”