MiniMax and Profit5 Hardware !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Creamware does it... They looks good and seems well built...

http://www.cwaudio.de/index.php?seite=minimax&lang=en

Can we pay these true virtual analog with true virtual money ? :D

flex42 wrote:oooooooooooold news... :wink:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82317

At stupendously inflated prices - what are Creamware thinking that P5 simulation is stupendously priced for a 5 voice Polyphony in this day and age.

'Cos their Prophet 5 is bloody good far better than Pro-53.

Minimax is the best Moog emulation better than Minimonsta

As they are so good they can charge that :)

stupendously priced for a 5 voice Polyphony in this day and age.
Creamware does a lot of oversampling of DSPs in order to emulate analog. That's why the sound is so lovely, and the polyphony low...

Well, Minimonsta is pretty close and a lot less money :)

UltraJv wrote:Well, Minimonsta is pretty close and a lot less money :)
:roll:

Strange...You do realise that you need a (bastard powerfull) PC/Mac to get Minimonsta to make a sound, unlike the CW synths, is one included? What about the control surface that you get with the CW synths???? Is one free with Minimonsta?

How much will you get for a second hand Minimonsta serial number in a few years time?

Have you used Minimax?
No, that Glitch is meant to be there.....
http://soundcloud.com/punisha
http://www.myspace.com/punishadubs

Grain Bastard wrote:

Strange...You do realise that you need a (bastard powerfull) PC/Mac to get Minimonsta to make a sound, unlike the CW synths, is one included? What about the control surface that you get with the CW synths???? Is one free with Minimonsta?

How much will you get for a second hand Minimonsta serial number in a few years time?

Have you used Minimax?
Athlon xp 2500+. 18 voices of "for vurt" no sweat. It's quite difficult to buy a pc that's less "bastard powerful" than my clunker.

edit: I should have mentioned that this is with Firefox and Borland Delphi running in the background.
Last edited by nuffink on Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grain Bastard wrote:

Have you used Minimax?
And how much will you get for a Minimax when the software becomes outdated and PC's develop so fast anyway - it's a moot point.
Just look at how much a Creamware Noah costs these days as a prime example.
I think you're kidding yourself if you think this is going to hold it's value well.
If that was the case VL7's , EX5's , AN1X's etc would be far more expensive to get hold of.

For that matter a Nord G2 Mod rack and a control surface would be cheaper also IMHO .

And something like Muse Receptor with a control surface would yield more mileage for the cash outlay.

Just as comparisons.

And how much will you get for a Minimax when the software becomes outdated and PC's develop so fast anyway - it's a moot point.
To a certain extent, it's future-proof, because reviewers are saying "this IS a minimoog" about the minimax, and so unless a better emulation comes along (which is possible) it's like a reconstructed vintage car...technically it's already out of date because the minimoog is so old...but because it's emulating a classic, it doesn't matter.

Digital is capable of so much. I can't understand that with so many great digital synths around, that are digital and proud of it, people spend good money on emulations of analog synths. If you want analog, buy analog. (Special dispensation for analog style synths that are not specific emulations and sound great in their own right - e.g. Vaz Modular, Zero Vector.) f**k Jesus and artificial Minimoogs (becoming confused and delusional).

Had these been in the $500 range, they would have seemed a lot more desirable to me. For roughly the price of both units, you could get a Minimoog Voyager rackmount, and it's a real Minimoog.

The quoted price is likely the insanely inflated list price. Minimum advertisable price will likely be $150 less, and if shop around you can probably knock a good $250 off.

Still, I must agree that the pricing on that is a bit steep considering what it is. I think most of us would rather see new SCOPE synths, instead of hardware versions of already existing synths.

Of course, I was never really into the Moog sound. I don't hate it, I'm just not madly in love with it.
Excuse all the blood.

Minimax is the best Moog emulation better than Minimonsta
We've just meet Minimax's developper and he apparently doesn't share this opinion... Possibly because he was in a key position to know how much more code there is due to Melohman features set :P

Red Force, I think it's purley down to the upsampling that the Minimax does that gives it a warmer edge.

The Minimonster mellowes out nicely at higher sample rates.

Return to “Instruments”