Good metal/heavy set

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Next summer me and my friend are going to film a extreme bike video. Everything (locations, cameras, audio, video editing software etc.) is set except music (that teenagers speed punk shit) for the video. Since 1991 I've been composing music, but mainly trance, house and trip hop. Heavy metal genre is like a foreign ground to me (composing).

Anyway, I'm seeking good VST sets. Heavy drum kits & loops, instruments and tips. At the moment I have Refx's Slayer and Native's Guitar Rig. Lead guitars are ok, but I have trouble of finding basses and drums.

Any help in this matter is highly appreciated.

edit. Virtual bassist might be an answer?
:: Eye-Q R.I.P. ::

Try Drumkit From Hell for drumkits, if you want to program your drums (although there is a CD of drum loops there too), and maybe you can check Drums On Demand (for instance vol 3) for drum loops. they also have Bass on demand sample library, check it.
Don't remember site adress right now, use google search :)

www.manytone.com
ManyStation
Guitars ....Basses ... A bit of everything that will work great for that type of Stuff :-)
Our customers are loving the Basses! Though not really Metal Guitars .. they are real and Natural and Can be tweaked into alot of options.
Paul

I make drum loops. :)

If you could give me an idea of what you want (bpm, maybe a song or artist name to go off of, etc.) I can probably get you something you can use in the near future (i.e. within a couple weeks). I have some experience with that "teenagers speed punk shit" (like three former bands worth) and can probably get a certain air of authenticity into the project.

Samples of my work can be found by clicking below.

PM me if you are interested.

Check out Double Bass Mania from Beta Monkey for metal drum loops. Great sounds and nice price at US$30. They also have a new disc of Alt/Modern Rock drum loops.

If you're making metal, then please, please, PLEASE stay away from anything to do with loops of any kind. Get good drum samples, listen to a lot of Black Sabbath and program the drums in a good old detailed nitpicking way.

You'll be much happier afterwards. Trust me.
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

i have very good drum samples wich i'm using for my songs (nu-metal). if you wish, i could mail them. and as for bass i'm using FL Studios BooBass with compression from WintageWarmer. actually i use wintagewarmer almost on anything. then i master with har-bal.

gravehill wrote:If you're making metal, then please, please, PLEASE stay away from anything to do with loops of any kind. Get good drum samples, listen to a lot of Black Sabbath and program the drums in a good old detailed nitpicking way.

You'll be much happier afterwards. Trust me.
I doubt that's the sort of thing that would go well with the vid he's working on. It needs some truly shitty "skate-punk" or nu-metal/nu-hardcore. "extreme sports" vids jost don't feel right if you use the good punk or metal...it has to be poppy enough for the tweens to digest...

:lol:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Return to “Instruments”