Did anyone had the brilliant idea to...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In all those vintage VA emulations, did anyone had the brillant ( but absolutely useless !) idea to modelise the behaviour of the electronic components when they're getting hot ?

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

like, turn off the processor fan, you mean, and let you sniff that melting circuit board odour ................... ?

:lol:
.. there is a tide in the affairs of men which, if taken at the flood,
will totally f**k your beach pavillion ...........

Wouldn't it be great as well if you'd have to tune the thing every now and then? And have knobs & sliders breaking off, or just not working...
Developers are still not approaching reality enough.

That's not a silly idea. A lot of analog gear sounds fantastic when its at the point of blowing up. Your guitar amp probably never sounded so good as right before it blew a tube or a speaker. It should be possible to model what is going on in a failing circuit so it sounds good all the time ...

ChrisE wrote:like, turn off the processor fan, you mean, and let you sniff that melting circuit board odour ................... ?

I kind of like that smell. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :hihi:
an autumn leaf
on the open lotus ~
pond turns brighter ~

i did that to a pair of 13$ speakers once :D

they had no tubes however so they still sounded like
carp with an extra 50-year old cheese+Grandma smell.

lunarhalo wrote:
ChrisE wrote:like, turn off the processor fan, you mean, and let you sniff that melting circuit board odour ................... ?

I kind of like that smell. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :hihi:
You should never let the smoke out of electronic stuff. The smoke is essential - you can tell because after you let it out, your gizmos won't work anymore. If you do let the smoke out, it's really hard to put it back in place, as well. So I think a simple bluescreen ten minutes after making the vst sound really good would be sufficient emulation...
Rakkervoksen

Return to “Instruments”