HELP! Creamware are Shafting me

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Man some audio companies really piss me off.

I bought a Pulsar 2 over a year ago, used it for a while, but it didn't like my Roland desk with digital outs etc.... so I had to sell it.

While I had it I bought:

Synth and Samplers Package
Interpole Moog Filter
Pro 1
Arp Synth

Now these were not cheap, I swapped the Pulsar 2 card for the EmuX studio (another bad story) less than a year ago, without the paid plugins of the Pulsar 2. Now I allways liked the sound of the Pulsar 2 and loved the synths. So after I changed my Roland VM 7000 digital desk to an analog one, I grabbed another Pulsar 2 card.

I went to register the plugins to the new card, Creamware said it would cost me 55 euros!!! Ok I can deal with that. Then they said I had to get hold of my old card and put it into the same machine as the new one!!! WTF I explained to them that I no longer have the card, and gave it back to the shop where I bought it from a year ago.

They were quick to respod to my emails after they could make 55 euros from me, now they are totally ignoring me!!! I have sent 7 emails to them this week.

Now they should either they give me MY plugins that I paid for to use with my new pulsar 2 or they refund me. What can I do about this. Any help would be great.

shit...that's a real pain in the arse!

really, legit customers always gets "fux0red", perhaps they think you're a warez user?
I wouldn't have it I were you...

But what can I do, they won't communicate or anything.

Spaceman Sounds wrote:But what can I do, they won't communicate or anything.
could you give them a call?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. The non-responsiveness lately might have something to do with the Messe in Frankfurt. I’ve usually had no problems getting answers from Creamware, hopefully they’ll get back to you soon.

/Yoss

I hope so to, as the reason mainly for getting another Pulsar 2 was to work on some older tunes which used the Pro 1 a lot. I can't believe a company is not checking their emails if they are away.

They may have checked it but haven’t had time to get back to you – these exhibitions can get pretty hectic. My experience is that smaller companies (and Creamware isn’t a large company) often tend to temporarily drop off the radar screen during exhibitions. Not an excuse, just a possible explanation.

/Yoss

Spaceman Sounds wrote:Man some audio companies really piss me off.

I bought a Pulsar 2 over a year ago, used it for a while, but it didn't like my Roland desk with digital outs etc.... so I had to sell it.

While I had it I bought:

Synth and Samplers Package
Interpole Moog Filter
Pro 1
Arp Synth

Now these were not cheap, I swapped the Pulsar 2 card for the EmuX studio (another bad story) less than a year ago, without the paid plugins of the Pulsar 2. Now I allways liked the sound of the Pulsar 2 and loved the synths. So after I changed my Roland VM 7000 digital desk to an analog one, I grabbed another Pulsar 2 card.

I went to register the plugins to the new card, Creamware said it would cost me 55 euros!!! Ok I can deal with that. Then they said I had to get hold of my old card and put it into the same machine as the new one!!! WTF I explained to them that I no longer have the card, and gave it back to the shop where I bought it from a year ago.

They were quick to respod to my emails after they could make 55 euros from me, now they are totally ignoring me!!! I have sent 7 emails to them this week.

Now they should either they give me MY plugins that I paid for to use with my new pulsar 2 or they refund me. What can I do about this. Any help would be great.

I've been in a similar situation.. the only way to sort it out is to call them. Don't worry, they will sort it out ;)
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Spaceman sounds are you related to ttoz? sounds like you do a lot of gear swapping too :hihi: :box: :P

Somebody doesn't reply to an e-mail and they're instantly avoiding you?

Has the art of actually talking to other human beings finally died? Does the whole human race under the age of 25 now only communicate to screens? I presume you've got a mobile (every other f**ker does :hihi: ) so use it....y'know, with the talky bit of it - the bit with a microphone - that bit that connects you with the real world - y'know....words? Into ears?

:hihi:

Woah, dude slow down...

There are... other people?
Excuse all the blood.

Spaceman Sounds wrote: Now they should either they give me MY plugins that I paid for to use with my new pulsar 2 or they refund me. What can I do about this. Any help would be great.
They are not 'your' plugins. They are CreamWare's plugins, just like I dont own Nuendo; Steinberg does.

Creamware make it very plain you are purchasing a licence to use the plugins with a specfic hardware card.

Look at it from their point of view. They have no idea if you 'sold' the plgins with your original card and they are still in use.
FT

Ok it's MY liscence to use The plugins that I PAID for. So if say you paid Kontakt 2 and suddenly it stopped working and they said ...sorry it's not yours it's mine....what would you say.

If I pay for the plugins and I download them, then they are damn well mine. If not then the money I paid for them isn't theirs either. And people wonder why people download warez with that kind of attitude.

You pay for something but you don't own it??? If uad did that with their plugins there would be uproar on the uad forums.

It's not like I emailed them once... I've been emailing for 8 days once a day. If we are to encourage people to pay for plugins how are they supposed to if they might not own them if they do. Come on there is no way I am in the wrong on this one. It just means that I cannot ever rely on a format other than hardware if this is the case.

And I haven't phoned them becaus they are in Germany and I am in UK and other than having a language barrier (yes I know they probably speak English), it's a lot cheaper and easier to email.

actually you dont own any software you pay for- you own a license to use and operate it. read yer license agreements(that text box that you quickly agree to without reading when you install something :hihi:)

I dont think its really right either, but the alternative is much more expensive...

ok I agree ... but the license says that I can use the plugins...it never said that if I lose or sell card that I can never use them again. I gave the card away without the plugins, only I have the login details and if someone were to have the plugins (which they don't) they would never be able to download them or buy any future plugins.

I don't own Nuendo 2 but I own this license to run it, like I own the license to run my plugins and I expect to be able to run them.

Return to “Instruments”