Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Voyager (freeware)

Rellik
KVRian

1211 posts since 21 Aug, 2003

Postby Rellik; Mon May 23, 2005 7:26 pm

Not my favorite type of GUI - but man, does this synth have character!

It really squelches, just like I like. Filters great, most of all the OSCILLATORS are GREAT, they alias but I don't care, it's great how squelchy they can become :D

I don't understand the intricacies of the synth yet, but I'm coming up with some really nice patches. And I will count the days until the day when somebody comes along with a truly inspired GUI for this beauty of a synth...
Kriminal
Banned

Postby Kriminal; Mon May 23, 2005 9:59 pm

VitaminD wrote:it is an orion problem.. at 1024x768 I too experienced the smearing of the edges of the voyager gui WHEN the edges were off of the screen. (and I dragged the edge back onto the screen)

at 1152x864 I didnt have a problem... that said.. maybe the gui can be shrunk in height to fit easily on 1024x768?

How does that make it an Orion prob? Make the bloody GUI usable for normal ppl FFS :roll:

no other GUI does this.
hlmst
KVRist

134 posts since 3 Feb, 2004, from bedroom

Postby hlmst; Mon May 23, 2005 10:07 pm

tnx!!! It appears to sound even better than teh discovery.
arguru
KVRist

453 posts since 15 Sep, 2002, from Malaga (Spain)

Postby arguru; Tue May 24, 2005 1:20 am

How does that make it an Orion prob? Make the bloody GUI usable for normal ppl FFS

no other GUI does this.

I asked you already to give a try a run in other VST host (see 3rd page) in your system to check if still screws the interface, so that could confirm the bug is indeed Voyager plugin because I cant reproduce this bug.

Still no response.

I wondering how you could be that sure that is a Voyager bug and not a problem in your host, because that information for sure would be useful to solve the problem.
Last edited by arguru on Tue May 24, 2005 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shifrin
KVRian

1229 posts since 12 Nov, 2002, from Newcastle, UK

Postby Shifrin; Tue May 24, 2005 1:31 am

VitaminD wrote:2-page gui would be nice.. maybe one with oscillators other with everything else

Yep, a lot of problems could be solved by having a few pages to the interface, I'm all for 'one-page' but in this case it's bewildering (although I'm getting to know it a bit better as I play!).

Shif.
arguru
KVRist

Postby arguru; Tue May 24, 2005 2:07 am

I uploaded an small update in wich you can feed filter a to b serially (main option), but this loses pan ability in first filter.

One point: FM in voyager works this way: output of oscillator N modulates N+1. So oscillator 2 FM is driven by oscillator 1 output. (Oscillator 1 FM is driven by Oscillator 4 but with 1 sample delay).
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson
toine6
KVRian

1264 posts since 28 Mar, 2002, from Salt Lake City, Utah - U.S.A.

Postby toine6; Tue May 24, 2005 2:48 am

Vitamin D I've just got to quote your quote.

"S_A_P® wrote:
My grandfather used to chase me with his pants at his ankles and scream "look out for the snake!" I still have nightmares about that..."
:o :shock: :-o

Was he joking? Or was his grandpa just a drugged up alzhimer suffering pediphile?
Last edited by toine6 on Tue May 24, 2005 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pinkwasp
KVRist

194 posts since 1 Jun, 2004, from uk

Postby pinkwasp; Tue May 24, 2005 2:49 am

I can't seem to find a way to hook up a controller to any of the filter parameters, at least, in either of my hosts (energyXT and Ableton Live) those parameters don't show up in the list of control options.

Anyone else got this to work?
Sascha Franck
KVRAF

12411 posts since 13 Nov, 2000, from Hannover / Germany

Postby Sascha Franck; Tue May 24, 2005 3:17 am

This is very nice, but it'd be tons better if the LFOs and effects (namely the delay) were tempo syncable. In addition, a few more ModWheel options (such as to LFO depth or delay mix/feedback) would be great.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.
arguru
KVRist

Postby arguru; Tue May 24, 2005 3:19 am

VST Automation is fully supported, but there're a lot of empty (reserved parameters), maybe you have just to scroll down. Tried in eXT and worked fine.
"If I could just say a few words... then I'd be a public speaker" -- Homer Simpson
Sascha Franck
KVRAF

Postby Sascha Franck; Tue May 24, 2005 3:21 am

And btw, I find the interface size fine on my 17" at 1280X1024.
Also, no redraw errors at all in Logic 5.5.1 - so much about antique sequencers...
Sascha Franck
KVRAF

Postby Sascha Franck; Tue May 24, 2005 3:25 am

And something else: I'd like having independent pitch bend up/down values.
But so far the thing I'm missing the most is temposyncing for LFOs and delay.

Btw, CPU useage seems to be amazingly low.
This could really become a keeper if there was something temposynceable (I just love such things).
Sascha Franck
KVRAF

Postby Sascha Franck; Tue May 24, 2005 3:28 am

FWIW, velocity seems to allways retrigger filter cutoff (of course you need to set it up) in mono/legato modes. I think this shouldn't happen.
Sascha Franck
KVRAF

Postby Sascha Franck; Tue May 24, 2005 3:34 am

And yet another one: Sustain pedal messages aren't supported, which is kinda sad.
arguru
KVRist

Postby arguru; Tue May 24, 2005 3:41 am

Indeed Sasch. I *would* really like to fix all those annoying details (read original post), but i'm very busy with more important projects, that was one of the reason I released this as freeware. =/ Hope I can get back to it soon in a few months and fix these issues.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments