tablet PCs?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone using the new tablet PCs for their softsyths using their finger/stylus to tweak knobs on the touchscreen?

I took two with a glass of water and I feel great.
This space intentionally left blank

Yep, works great. I've done some live work using just a MIDI controller and the tablet. It's nice using the pen on the knobs.

most tablets only respond to special styluses so touching them with your finger doesnt do anything.

Turtle Turtle wrote:most tablets only respond to special styluses so touching them with your finger doesnt do anything.
Sorry for the WAY late reply...

Yes, this is true. But that's the point (no pun intended) behind using the stylus that came with the tablet.

Maybe someday soon Tablet PCs will be ready for mainstream use. But for now, I have passed on my Compaq Tablet to another co-worker in favor for a more powerful laptop. I really love the idea of the stylus, but that particular Tablet really annoyed me (too underpowered).

I want one!

Who doesnt?

in the future maybe the lemur will evolve into a monitor/control surface for PCs- then the world of softsynths will be much more interesting when every synth's GUI becomes a true interactive control surface-

Return to “Instruments”