Spectral 1.1 beta test

RELATED
PRODUCTS

We now have the second beta for PC and the first beta for Mac available at

http://www.linplug.com/spectral_beta.html

- Many more fx parameter can be modulated (66 new ones in total)
- Matrix now with 24 slots
- Improved Oscillator FM crossmodulation
- Delay-MD now with separate High-Pass/Low-Pass
- Delay-Stereo with Switch: Filter in Feedback
- Fixed LFO Mono/Single mode now also copied/pasted
- Fixed Resonance was not part of audio stream for cross-modulation
- Fixed various filters were not ok @ 96 kHz
- Fixed Glide Constant Rate modulation now working (was always constant time)
- Fixed Arp Glide not correct if the notes are of same note number
- Fixed Arp Sounds may stop arbitrarily
- Fixed LFO speed changes are applied much faster

This is some cool stuff. Matrix improvements in particular are quite interesting. Any idea/goal for when this will be officially released?

Due to vacation time it will unfortunately take another month for official release. I not want to release something and then have only limited support right afterwards.

Is the next update going to be available soon? This version is crash-prone in both Live and Logic. AU version. I've sent some crash logs into LinPlug, etc. Hopefully the next version will be soon - love this synth.

Phase47 wrote:Is the next update going to be available soon? This version is crash-prone in both Live and Logic. AU version. I've sent some crash logs into LinPlug, etc. Hopefully the next version will be soon - love this synth.
Which version do you refer to, the beta version or the 1.0.1 release. I'm not sure we got your report, as far as I know we have not had a single crash reported (for both versions).

I'm not sure why you wouldn't have got the report -- I sent them to Pavol Markovic at Linplug - he asked for them in August after I filed a support ticket about the crashing beta version. I sent him both a Logic crash log, and the log from a Live crash. This is with the 1.1b version of Spectral.

I guess if you don't even know about these crashes, a fix isn't already in the works. :(

Spectral will crash Logic or Live (AU version) at least once a session, making it sadly unusable - sad because I love the way this thing sounds. Hopefully it's a quick fix.

Peter from LinPlug wrote:
Phase47 wrote:Is the next update going to be available soon? This version is crash-prone in both Live and Logic. AU version. I've sent some crash logs into LinPlug, etc. Hopefully the next version will be soon - love this synth.
Which version do you refer to, the beta version or the 1.0.1 release. I'm not sure we got your report, as far as I know we have not had a single crash reported (for both versions).
Just had another crash in Logic just now. If you'd like, PM me your email address and I'll mail you the Spectral crash log. Maybe that will help to get to the bottom of this.

Just an update,
as Phase47 reported there is a problem, its the last one (well, hopefully), that prevents from releasing the 1.1 update,
the update will come asap !
Thank you for your patience

Is 1.1 technically released yet? I see on the Linplug website it lists Spectral at v1.1 and the download for it is also for 1.1 I believe. The only reason I ask is because I don't see any announcement for its release anywhere (Facebook, Twitter, Linplug website etc).

if you download it off linplug's site you'll see the windows version is 1.1beta3 - presume because the only outstanding bug is mac specific they're going go with b3 as the rc. If you click the mac link, despite it indicating it'll download the 1.1 mac version you still get the old 1.0.1

Peter, may I suggest a feature request for a next version release: 2 new skins, one only dark, one only bright, using the same colors (dark gray and light gray) as the current version. The way things are now - dark strip, bright strip, dark strip - is (IMHO) irritating to people with impaired eyesight or tired eyes. It would be great if you provide different choices, esp. also for people who work in a very dark or very bright environment and would like to switch to dark/bright skin as needed.

toothnclaw wrote:Peter, may I suggest a feature request for a next version release: 2 new skins, one only dark, one only bright, using the same colors (dark gray and light gray) as the current version. The way things are now - dark strip, bright strip, dark strip - is (IMHO) irritating to people with impaired eyesight or tired eyes. It would be great if you provide different choices, esp. also for people who work in a very dark or very bright environment and would like to switch to dark/bright skin as needed.
the skin idea is really nice. i really like dark skins for long sound design nights, but there are also a few people having problems using dark skins. (and if a skin is to bright im using f.lux and set the temp of my screen to Ember = 1200K)

i worked a bit today with 1.10 b3, had no problems with that beta. (Ableton 9.1.4 32bit)

my suggestion would be to make it possible to install both bit version in one installer run. i use both Ableton versions (32 and 64 bit).

Though not officially released, the PC version is already 1.1, the Mac update is delayed but hopefully available very soon. With the Mac version comes the official release, and yes, its a bit of a muddle.

Thanks for the suggestion of the skins, we usually have no skins as for the most part the GUI design has a certain function which can easily be spoiled, however I get your point and we will consider it.

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Though not officially released, the PC version is already 1.1, the Mac update is delayed but hopefully available very soon. With the Mac version comes the official release, and yes, its a bit of a muddle.

Thanks for the suggestion of the skins, we usually have no skins as for the most part the GUI design has a certain function which can easily be spoiled, however I get your point and we will consider it.
That's great, thanks Peter! I realize that people requesting skins are boring but in this case it's hardly avoidable. Albino had an option on the back panel to chose text color, maybe you could do something similar for the whole UI. Anyway, it's up to you, you're the Maker. :tu:

beta test is over, 1.1 is just released, many thanks to the amazing support we got from everyone !

Return to “LinPlug”