CronoX 4

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One more thing:

i think that the characteristics of the free-filter could be more "flat". What i say is when you set the resonance very high (about 85-95) and sweep the cutoff on whole range of a saw wave, then you'll hear a very strong level gain on wave harmonics (aswell base harmonic as harmonics of higher order). This type of bahvior is highly unwanted in the case of imitating an overdriven 303/low-tone sounds.

i dont know how Image-Line resolved this problem but in their Sytrus synth every filter type has the "FLAT" switch which eliminates completely this type of distortion. Turning on the FLAT option lets you sweep gently through all the frequency range with a high reso without uncontrollably self-raising gain on each harmonic - putting that kind of characteristics next to an overdrive effect gives almost a perfect imitation of a distorted 303.

As for the resonance on LP12 and LP24 they definitely deserve to have more oscillation in frequencies above 5kHz. Turning resonance to 100% makes almost no change on 12kHz, and inversely - its too strong in lower frequencies. IMO the reso characteristics must be more balanced to obtain more controll in the sound building process.

conclusion: setting high the resonance parameter makes a lot of uncontrolled mess around low frequencies, thus the sound pallete that cronox3 can create is much narrowed. Filters should be flexible, balanced, and best-sounding as they can be.

The filter block is one of the most important parts of the synthesizer - for me (and many other artists/sound designers) filter block is a thing that genreally tells if the synth is well built. After testing a filter in a synthesizer i coulg go: "OH WOW! Beautifull! i must buy that!" or "uhm... another boring plastic filter. better search for something else".

Try to consider what determined the success of Sylenth1 synth? As far as i know its just a simple VA without samplers/granulators or anything innovative.
The answer is: FILTER. Sylenth1's filter was a factor which placed this synth in the 10 best/well known synths around the globe.

So what i want to say is that refining every filter type/model is a half way to general, public success. Please consider all what i said above.

I wish you all the best, and keep my fingers crossed for Cronox4. Show them that your filters are a state of the art! :D

Uniwersalna; we're in beta test, its too late to add new features or make a substantial change in filter design as filters are not created quickly. Out focus on this update is usability, to steamline and introduce a number of improvements without changing the core engine. I much appreciate your feedback though.

hi peter, any news on the crx4 release date? i'm really looking forward to this (as a pc user by the way). will the sophistry soundset be compatible with crx4 or will it be updated?
thanks and good luck for the final release :tu:

Thanks for the good wishes; we run a nice beta test currently and just start sound design these days. Due to certain vacation periods however we will be delayed and probably release it Mid to End August. The former sounds are not fully compatible, however, most will play either the same or at least close to how they sounded before.
We will also have some information available how to tweak sounds to make the sounding the same (or again close) for those of you who want to work on their own presets. We have not yet decided about the CronoX soundsets.
CrX4 will be not conflicting with CronoX 3, so you can have them both installed without interference.

It's been a while for any news of Cronox4, I was wondering if a new screen shot for it would be revealed, I notice that the small gif shot on the main page at LinPlug differs from the product page shot, and to me the sample window is quite important, any chance of getting a few new views before release.

Regards. :P

So will my Sophistry sounds be just a bunch or presets in X4? Thanks...

The Screenshot at

http://www.linplug.com/crx4.html

is pretty close; just not showing the sample edit window. Its basically the same as before but much larger, appearing in the LFO/ARP section. We're in kind of vacation season, so release should is planned for End of August.

Sophistry sounds are both in CronoX 3 and Crx4 presets, yes, they play accurate in CronoX 3, and mmajority will play accurate in CrX4.

looks really nice Peter 8)

whats the upgrade situation form V3?

Thanks,
we've not fixed the upgrade price, you'll get an email with details upon release. All purchases from our store from March 2012 on (Grace period of about 6 month) get a free upgrade. Both CronoX 3 and CrX4 can work side by side without conflicts. If you have your own presets you would need to copy them in the CrX4 folder structure.
Thats about it,

Still looking forward to this. Not interested in anything else really, apart from the full version of Alchemy which I just HAVE to get at some point. Then I really am not buying another vsti ever again. In my life. It's just getting silly really :D ...

Still, don't have the money at the moment anyway, but just wanted to give some words of encouragement. Hopefully when it comes out I should be a bit richer.

All the best Peter. :)

Indeed. There are some very attractive products out there and some of them are very tempting, but I'm being super picky nowadays and considering two or three or more times before going ahead. CrX4, however, is one that I'm definitely looking forward to. Hope all is going well with the project. :)
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Peter from LinPlug wrote:The Screenshot at

is pretty close; just not showing the sample edit window. Its basically the same as before but much larger, appearing in the LFO/ARP section. We're in kind of vacation season, so release should is planned for End of August.

Sophistry sounds are both in CronoX 3 and Crx4 presets, yes, they play accurate in CronoX 3, and mmajority will play accurate in CrX4.
I must say I find this design ugly... sorry. I know it doesn't matter to the sound, but something that looks nicer, seems better. CronoX 3 looks nicer, BTW. Just my opinion. And I find it strange because your other instruments have a nicer look (except maybe your last one, MorphoX, which I also don't like). Maybe it's just the colours, or the fact that the buttons are to close to each other... I don't know. Perhaps if you used other kind of buttons, with a colour different from the background, or a different background, it would look nicer.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Peter from LinPlug wrote:The Screenshot at

I must say I find this design ugly... sorry. I know it doesn't matter to the sound, but something that looks nicer, seems better. CronoX 3 looks nicer, BTW. Just my opinion. And I find it strange because your other instruments have a nicer look (except maybe your last one, MorphoX, which I also don't like). Maybe it's just the colours, or the fact that the buttons are to close to each other... I don't know. Perhaps if you used other kind of buttons, with a colour different from the background, or a different background, it would look nicer.
ugly? no way! the yellow and green GUI of CronoX3, IMO, was ugly. but the newest screenshot? it's clean and modern, I love it! :D
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:ugly? no way! the yellow and green GUI of CronoX3, IMO, was ugly. but the newest screenshot? it's clean and modern, I love it! :D
+1

I love the look of MorphoX as well.

Thanks guys, design to a part surely is a matter of taste. The project is doing well and we still plan the release for end of August, maybe Monday 27th August.

Return to “LinPlug”