CronoX 4

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DHR53 wrote:Hey Peter, how do I add my CRX3 and Sophistry presets to the X4 browser? Or is that possible... The new browser is great!
:)
CrX4 simplifies the organisation (well, I'm sure one can see this from another point as well), in the way that it ONLY works with its Library. We even kicked out the "Load" preset button. So the simple answer is: Everything thats in the "CrX4 Banks" folder is recognised, nothing else.

The question about so please move all your Sophistry or Cronoscape presets in the CrX4 presets folder. About the CronoX 3 factory presets, well, think about it, 90% of them are in the CrX4 factory presets anyway. When mocinng them into CrX4 Banks you would need to rename the bank folders beforehand (like "Basses" becomes "C3 Basses" as otherwise they will merge and with duplicate patch names you might even loose the reworked new versions in the CrX4 preset library (we enhanced a good part of them by using in example making use of mod wheel where not before etc).

Philippe Favré wrote:WELCOME to Peter's new baby...
Thank you so much Philippe, we havent had a talk for some years, please feel free to mail me (e.g. from here) so we can get in touch again. I wasnt aware you're still such a huge CronoX fan :)

Enjoying Cronox4, simple interface reminds me of Reaktor synths, I hope this means it will lend itself to tweeking patches and making some of my own.

One thing I really like is it's stability within Ableton live, presets load instantly, and I've noticed with my Venom controller when you load a bank, you can flip presets with the preset changer on the Venom regardless of any bank changes. Clever stuff Peter, I wish other developers would follow this line of thought, It extends the use of controllers imediately and I'm enjoying the hands on..

No chance of a colour slider for the backlights on the gui I fancy Yellow backlights myself, but hey who cares really :P

Thank you Proxima4,
in the spirit of simplification we not really plan any variations to the GUI except for scaling to be kind of "Retina Ready" later this year.

ummmm.... why there is no CronoX release news on the KVR main site? I think there should be some fireworks and "taadaaaam" here and there, but looks like lots of portals\blogs are silent?

as for the 10.000 samples limitation You stated that its not really necessary to expand it because it serves more for trainsent modulation etc. But dont you think that MINOR LIMITATIONS like this makes CronoX unusable sometimes? Eg. someone has a sound in his head and cant get it exactly right because there is a silly 0.2sec randomness limitation? :P CronoX has potential for a workhorse but sometimes it behaves "here and there" like a toy.

Not that im a hater, but small amount of modulation slots and same modulation limits as in CX3 will not make CronoX4 popular :| Personally i thought that there would be a breaktrough like new features and modulation options, but it seems its just cosmetic changes... so i'll wait a little more with buying it and see if it finally gets something evolutionary :P

4 osc's and 2 filters VS 10 modulation slots? ... year 2012? :?

Anyway i still keep my fingers crossed and wainting for a huge upgrade!
best regards!

uniwersalna,
I appreciate your feedback, thank you. However, we've not following a bigger-is-better premise, never done this and thats why we are still in business and will be in 10 years ;-) Maybe Reaktor is something for you, plenty of possibilities. Cosmetic changes are something else, thats when you change the look, when you discuss with professionals about the workflow, thats a new GUI (and thats what I feel is evolutionary, not to make 20 instead of 10 modulation slots ;-))

ok :) understood. I'll try not to troll anymore!

Hello, I have a G5 powerpc (non-intel) Mac. When I go to install Cronox I get a message that this version not supported on my mac. Are there two different (separate) mac downloads? TIA

All new versions of our plugins requires OSX 10.5. and an Intel Mac as minimum requirement, I'm sorry renseven.

Just getting a chance to play around in CrX4, and from a "hey I can actually get a useful sound in moments" standpoint I'm really impressed. Great job guys!

Very cool synth, just demoing. One question: Where is the swing for the arp? I can see it anywhere but I thought one preset had a shuffle feeling. If there is no swing, this is the most important feature of an arp or else you're stuck on a robotic grid.

My only other suggestion would be: Make every parameter exposed to the host, even modulation source destinations and targets. Definitely need mod amounts at least.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:My only other suggestion would be: Make every parameter exposed to the host, even modulation source destinations and targets. Definitely need mod amounts at least.
You can control almost any parameter with MIDI (see ECS menu), including modulation matrix.

I bought the upgrade from CronoX3 and started playing with CRX4 last night. This is a very playable, tweakable, and patchable synth. I am glad that GUI scalability is of interest and it seems that most people missed Peter's comment concerning retina display! Does that mean an iOS version, editor, remote control, or something is in the works? Or is this related to Apple laptops?

The GUI is very usable on my 24" monitor, but it would definitely be easier on my aging eyes if I could make it larger!

Concerning the mod matrix, I think that it would be nice to see some additional sources and destinations. For sources it would be nice to see something like a combined modulator in one slot, for example aftertouch or mod wheel times LFO as a source. For destinations there is a main pitch destination but there is not a main filter cutoff. It would be nice to be able to modulate both filters in the same way (or normal the filter cutoffs in some way so that changing the cutoff of one changes the other in a similar and linear way).

As it stands though, as with CronoX3, it did not take long for me to load up a couple of different drones that I recorded using my hardware modular and combine them in CRX4 to make a very usable and playable patch with lots of movement.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Thank you for the feedback Gribs,
we'll consider your suggestions! And yes, i just used "retina" as a synonym for higher resolution displays, it seems many people talk about it. Personally I think its a clever sales plan, but as it works out we will have double resolution versions (and probably 150% size versions) later this year or early next year.

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Thank you for the feedback Gribs,
we'll consider your suggestions! And yes, i just used "retina" as a synonym for higher resolution displays, it seems many people talk about it. Personally I think its a clever sales plan, but as it works out we will have double resolution versions (and probably 150% size versions) later this year or early next year.
I'll soon lay my paws on CrX4 and like to say I really look forward to the upcoming bigger GUI version. As opposed to what's stated before here in the thread, I believe there's quite many people using bigger resolutions and are up there around 40 years old, with declining eyesight. Just look at all the complaints D16 got for their GUI of their new synth LuSH-101. So yes, thanks alot for considering and implementing it.

Oh, forgot to say, the demo of CrX4 blew me away! Wonderful synth. :D

Return to “LinPlug”