CronoX 4

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Feel free to discuss here, we're releasing info as it becomes available (means, when its fixed). I'll also answer questions as good as I can, and if I like to :-P ;-)

holy shit!

i thought about selling v.3, not because i don't like it,but because i don't use it enough and i need money, but now ... :hyper:
"It dreamed itself along"

Looks very good, but whats with the all grey colors. May be a little blues or yellows with the grey can give it some life.

Am I missing something? I don't see any info on it anywhere...

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Feel free to discuss here, we're releasing info as it becomes available (means, when its fixed). I'll also answer questions as good as I can, and if I like to :-P ;-)
I guess this will be free upgrade for existing users..? :)

Another guess - "when" is not supposed to be answered yet, isn't :)

Also interested if preset library will be expanded (significantly) or the focus would be on the engine upgrade(both welcomed, of course:))

Thanks for the exiting news,

Cheers,
Kalin

Thew newsletter contained a new screenshot, which is here:

http://www.linplug.com/cronox_4.html

The screenshot is grey, because the color scheme is not yet decided.

And the upgrade will not be free, however, it will be somewhat in line with the amount of new presets (so, yes, there will be new ones).

S0lo wrote:Looks very good, but whats with the all grey colors. May be a little blues or yellows with the grey can give it some life.
Grey....? Maybe you're mistaken with Relectro..? Didn't see any screenshots of the new CronoX, or maybe I missed something..?

....ahhh sorry, I saw it..

Some hints about the new features (apart from new presets)?

and what price range for the upgrade (is 40-60 a good guess?)

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Thew newsletter contained a new screenshot, which is here:

http://www.linplug.com/cronox_4.html
I like the all-in-one-page concept, which is nonetheless a kind of going-back-to-previous-version move.

We'll fix the price when we know how many new presets we have, so this will take some time to be known finally.

Its not a going back to a previous version, Its going to a certain concept which we've intentionally left for CronoX 3. The C3 GUI had its advantages and disadvantages though. You can in no way see CronoX 4 as a CronoX 2, that would be a brilliant joke :-)

We not have some dramatic new features but a number of improvements which really make a difference in what you can do without making things more complex. In example the LFO's can run much faster now, more info coming later as we get sure a feature will make it to the final release, its all in test right now (together with GUI design and coding).

Sorry to me, it looks like a step backwards in all areas.

It's a shame, as I like Cronox 3, mainly because it's filters were nice.
I like it's layout also. results are not difficult with it?

And at the time I bought it, Granular Sampling and Hybrid Synths, weren't really that big or should I say, supported by proffesional company's

We have 'Alchemy' now, and although it's very good at the granular stuff, it's still poor in one area.

That of multi sampling for instruments. Kontakt is about the only option.

A fair amount of company's support it, and frankly will no doubt cointinue to do so, as there arent many reasons to challenge that fact.

I feel you've missed an opportunity to have a bit of edge on that, and simply address how the granular side of Cronox is modulated.

I know you have people on both side of the fence, where all of this is concerned.

It's just my thoughts, but if I was CEO would'nt make any rash decisions about Cronox's future until given some more thought to the players on the field and think about what's truely needed in a sampler inc it's library support and heritage.

:(

That looks like a very clear and easy-to-understand layout.

I really do think the new GUI is a huge improvement. The GUI on v.3 is the main reason that I rarely use the plug. It looks cool but the workflow isn't great. Really looking forward to the upgrade now!

It's freakin' beautiful! I could cry tears of joy.

I like the one page layout, but I also love all the previous Cronox versions. :D I don't use any of them enough, sadly, but when time is at a pinch, and when isn't it for most folk(?), the simpler the layout the more "go to" a plugin can become. My hats off to you Peter for continuing to strive for great, feature packed plugins but with an eye towards ease-of-use.
Please wear a mask!

Return to “LinPlug”