CronoX 4

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kalin_progg wrote: Also, does CrX read CronoX 3 presets?
http://www.linplug.com/documents/crx4upgrade.html
CrX4 plays about 90% of the CronoX 3 sounds quite accurate.
Actually none of the presets sound the same in CronoX3 and CrX4 when compared on an absolute, mathematically precise level, however, even to the trained ear most presets sound the same in both synthesizers.

Kalin,
you can sell your CronoX 3 license if you not made use of the upgrade. CrX 4 reads CronoX 3 presets, however, not all will sound exactly the same, more about this herehttp://www.linplug.com/documents/crx4upgrade.html

Thanks for the answers.

Thanks for this upgrade and its affordability for CronoX3-users, I've bought it yesterday :). Ohne question that came to my mind: Would it be possible to set more than one library path in the setup menu? What I've done for now is to copy all new presets into my CronoX3 preset folder and have Windows rename the new presets that come with the same name as in the CrX3 library, so I have all presets in the same folder structure. Doesn't seem the most brilliant solution, though.

Apart from that I like CrX4 a lot. The new gui is indeed more inviting to tweak the sound, and the overall "feel" of it is really good (though the rather special design of CrX3 had a bonus for its originality). As to the new sounds, I haven't tested them enough to give a reasonable comment, but my first impression is very good, too.

Thanks, and good luck with the release!

Can I find an Init preset anywhere?
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

Various/XX_Init or so ...

Peter from LinPlug wrote:
esl wrote:I am demoing and have a question. I am trying to use a long, evolving waveform I created in a generator in loop mode. I am trying to mod the sample start using the mod wheel. I set it up in the mod matrix but nothing seems to happen. Suggestions?
Well, once the sample IS started you wont change anything when moving the Mod-Wheel (when its routed to sample start). Or said the other way around: When Mod-Wheel is routed to sample start, each time you start a new note the sample with play from the position according to the Mod-Wheel. I may help further if you can explain what you try to achieve.
I understand what you're saying but it still doesn't seem to work. Here's what I'm doing:

-Gen1 in Loop Sampler mode
-load long evolving looped waveform (4 seconds long or so)
-Set mod wheel to mod Gen1 SamplStart at full strength
-repeatedly press key while moving mod wheel

The wav always seems to start only at the beginning. I think there is something obvious I am missing...

I guess its because you use a longer sample that you dont notice it, the modulation is limited to the first 10.000 samples (so a bit over 0.2 seconds of a 44 kHz Sample) , I agree this is not a clever limitation but on the other hand it not seemed to have limited people in using it over the past years. Its best used to actually play with the transients and not so much to start a sample off at some different time.

Are you no longer offering Cronox 3 user a place to download it from your site? Mine just needed to be re-installed after some Crnx4 Demo confusion and I could not find it. Kinda freaked out when my projects would not open, couldn't download it again until I realized I backed up the installer...

Might be nice to have a place available on your site to still offer it for registered users? I am not quite ready to take the leap to #4. :wink:

haven't read the whole thread, why is no info in the op?

left without knowing, what cronos4 is.
Finally!

Hello Peter...
I just upgraded and: wow. Every patch so useful for my actual project and very inviting to tweak.
Also a great idea to make the presets convertible to vst-presets since I can use them better in Cubase and its media bay. But I found a problem:
I converted all presets to vst-presets. Then I changed one of those and wanted to save it under the same name. But it doesn't save my changes and loads the original preset instead. Can you explain or even solve this?

Hi Sid,
thanks for your kind words, I cannot say much of vstprestes, never tried these, I'm sorry. I recommend to always go with the built in preset browser, but will have a look into these as well.

Vasinava, yes, its available soon again, we just missed this one, sorry.

Hi Peter,
Just saying thanks for the very generous upgrade offer - I got my Crx4 last night and it sounds fantastic. Much respect also for cramming all that flexibility/control into one page without making it cramped - I wouldn't have thought it was possible, but you did it :) Cronox3 was always one of my favourite synths - Crx4 just might be my new favourite :D

Hey Peter, how do I add my CRX3 and Sophistry presets to the X4 browser? Or is that possible... The new browser is great!
:)

WELCOME to Peter's new baby...
After years, after listening Cube or Alchemy, Time Sampler still an excellent machine stretcher, non destructive.
If you download "Takamine Guitar Vol 2" at this page
(non released project :wink:):
http://patcharena.com/downloads/index.p ... fc0e365f35[/url]
all the presets have at least one Time Samper in the foreground.

CronoX machine is consistent, easy to set up, provided with a suitable chain effects. THANKS again !
:love:

Return to “LinPlug”