MorphoX 1.1 update PC beta test

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys,
as we wrote in our last newsletter we have to fix a bug that might cause a crash on 64 bit PC systems, so we have to update all products. We decided to do a bit more than just that fix for MorphoX, bringing it in line with Spectral from the handling of various aspects, be it the scaleable GUI or some options to control how it reacts in the DAW, the complete list of changes is

- Reworked User Interface, slightly larger
- User Interface now scaleable
- Pitch Bend setting is now saved per preset (not global anymore)
- Voices label now acts as Activity-Indicator / Trigger
- Preset Browser now full size (no popup menu anymore)
- New Aftertouch / Modulation Controller mapping
- A couple of new Options to adjust MorphoX behaviour in the DAW
- Fixed occasional crashes of 64 bit PC version when loading presets
- Fixed bug: Position of Morph Wheel could get lost upon preset change

The release is scheduled for end of the month, but as a lot changed under the hood we put it up for beta test (only if you have a valid MorphoX license) at

http://www.linplug.de/stock/morphox/Mor ... %20110.exe

Please simply reply to this thread in case any bug pops up (... though I doubt we made any mistakes :wink: )

No one trying .... or just sooo good ?

Updated to beta 2

http://www.linplug.de/stock/morphox/Mor ... %20110.exe

release is imminent

Downloaded. Will give it a try.
Thanks for your efforts, Peter.

Thank you, Peter.
I'll try it ASAP.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Thank you guys. I appreciate it.

hi peter, so far no problems in cubase 7.5 64 bit on windows 7 64 bit (intel i7, 8g ram, edirol ua-1000 as soundcard). loving the new interface and browser. cheers

Thank you Gosh!

Hey Peter, I'll give it a bash (open demo?).

EDIT: Ah, I see it's a licensed beta. Regardless, tried the demo now for the first time, wow this sound REALLY good. Might add to my shopping list ;)
Last edited by GeorgeZ on Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eternitysound VST Banks

First I heard that Spectral is resizable? How do you do that?

aMUSEd wrote:First I heard that Spectral is resizable? How do you do that?
clicking on the upper left corner of the gui you have the option to choose between different sizes
cheers

Ah I was trying to drag a corner

Thanks guys for the guidance to release :)

I am demoing MorphoX and like it. One thing is odd though, there is some pretty audible lower-frequency noise. I have checked the noise knob and other potential sources, nothing. Quality is set to 100%. Am I missing something? Even my SE stuff sounds much cleaner... :roll:
Seems it only occurs whenever I have both oscillators turned on. With one osc only there is no such noise, not even when using spread.

While I am at it:
- where can I switch retrigger in mono mode on and off?

- in mono mode the second and following keys are not velocity sensitive anymore, even in SE that is not the case.

- funny that the octave selection pop-up menu is the wrong way round, exactly like the standard module in SE. I think it would make more sense to have it like this:
+2
+1
rather than:
+1
+2

- the resonance slider is odd, until 50% or so there is hardly an audible change and even when set to zero the filter sounds as if there is always some resonance.

- a value readout would make sense as one does not see from the control position if one has changed a value when using Shift, nor by how much.

Hello,
I'm not aware of such noise. If you have an exmaple preset I'm happy to look into it. I'm not sure what you refer to by retrigger in mono mode, there is none. Yes, Velocity is not applied on following keys in mono mode. Thank you for the popup suggestion, makes much sense. Also thanks for your other suggestions !

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Hello,
I'm not aware of such noise. If you have an exmaple preset I'm happy to look into it. I'm not sure what you refer to by retrigger in mono mode, there is none. Yes, Velocity is not applied on following keys in mono mode. Thank you for the popup suggestion, makes much sense. Also thanks for your other suggestions !
I hear the noise basically on any patch using two oscillators, more predominantly in the upper half of the keyboard and with chords. Sounds like grinding...
It's so loud that at first I thought maybe it is supposed to sound like that, a kind of vintage effect or whatever. But even if that were the case, I don't like it, I am more into clean sounds...
For vintage sound effects I already have Phonec with its Melt feature :hihi:

Did some more tests, seems to have to do with the fact that I had detuned the second osc via Constant - 7 - Osc 2 Pitch in the matrix (there seems to be no other way of detuning osc's by semitones, which is odd for a 100-buck synth), which is common for pads.

Return to “LinPlug”