Free Alpha 3.3 first public beta - MAC and PC

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alpha Free Alpha

UPDATE: Now Mac and PC (and including a couple of bugfixes), Thanks everyone for your help!

http://www.linplug.de/stock/alpha/FreeA ... %20330.exe

http://www.linplug.de/stock/alpha/FreeA ... %20330.dmg

Have a wonderful weekend!

--- original post ---

Here's a preview of the new FreeAlpha

- new User Interface
- new full window bank/preset browser
- prev/next switch for browsing through waveforms
- matrix now with 11 slots
- several new setup options
- undo / redo functionality
- Filter Saturation like full Alpha
- Unison like Full Alpha

http://www.linplug.de/stock/alpha/FreeA ... %20330.exe

I'll be on Musikmesse during the next days, but will check back early next week. Have fun :)

That's a fantastic update to a great little synth!

I've noticed that the 'BEND' mode for the glide section doesn't appear to work for me, using the 32-bit VST in Reaper 4.6 32-bit on Windows 7 SP1.

Also, is there a way to scroll the preset browser as it seems to display a maximum of 85 presets per folder and I have a folder of 87 presets and can't access the last 2!

Cheers!
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Shifrin wrote:ll the preset browser as it seems to display a maximum of 85 presets per folder and I have a folder of 87 presets and can't access the last 2!
Never mind, I see in the manual there's an 85 preset limit per folder ;)

Thank you Shifrin,
yes, now I see there is a bug in Bend mode, will fix it for next update. Although only 85 are visible, you can switch up to 128 presets via your DAW or MIDI program change.
Cheers

hi peter, any chance of an alpha3 public beta (i mean the commercial alpha not the free one)?
thanks and cheers

Lol, why are you asking ? The Free one is an amazing test for us, we already found a few things and I'm pretty confident the Alpha can be "just released" when we are through with testing.

Hey Peter… is there a Mac version?

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Lol, why are you asking ? The Free one is an amazing test for us, we already found a few things and I'm pretty confident the Alpha can be "just released" when we are through with testing.
nevermind, peter. i just thought i could get access to my full alpha3.3 a bit earlier and maybe do some testing. but of course i can wait some more days until it is finally released (and maybe have a look at the free one for testing).
cheers

DHR53 wrote:Hey Peter… is there a Mac version?
Not yet. Next week I think.

The Mac version is here

http://www.linplug.de/stock/alpha/FreeA ... %20330.dmg

I love it :D :hihi:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone !

Hi Peter,

It seems that the 'vel' knob in the amplifier section isn't doing anything, same specs as listed above. Also, just an observation, the signal flow graphic indicates that there's a noise source feeding into the mixer however there is no noise source in FreeAlpha ;)

Loving the update btw!

... huh, ghosts are around, how can you see that noise in signal flow ? Are you on version 3.3 b2 as the installer linked above should install ...?

great to see one of my fav freebies get an update. thxalot...

on the presetbrowser:
seems only the display is limited to 85, as i can use the program up/down in the plugin to access all presets (way more than 85 or 128) in a folder.
unless this is meant as a freeware-limitation, can we please have more than one page in the browser...

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:seems only the display is limited to 85
Thats right, with scrolling or paging I feel its getting somewhat muddled; i would rather limit banks to 80 presets. For the factory sounds we always limited to 64 I think ... and you have 85 banks possible too, so its still plenty of room.

Thanks for the feedback though ! :)

Peter from LinPlug wrote:... huh, ghosts are around, how can you see that noise in signal flow ? Are you on version 3.3 b2 as the installer linked above should install ...?
I'm running 3.3b2, perhaps a misunderstanding, I'm referring to this :

It just seems a little odd to show a signal flow image indicating a noise source when it isn't there in the free version, and the full version doesn't show the signal flow - if you see what I mean :D

Return to “LinPlug”