CronoX 4 parameter mapping questions

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And I assume you put some sort of labels on the BCR? Or do you memorize the whole thing?

Actually I did it all in one program (page).
Didn't use labels. Did use the encoder groups, but maybe the pages approach is better. Didn't map the effect sections, which are huge.
Maybe the best way to do it is using 2-3 pages.
Memorizing is not that bad, I have the cheatsheet in front of me.

Not everything is available as a automated parameter to the DAW, but everything can be assigned a MIDI CC (using ECS, the DAW internal mapping is another story), CrX4 like all our instruments also sends MIDI CC (when previously assigned) to the DAW upon parameter changes and preset changes. The DAW may or may not let the MIDI to the Controller.

I've found some more unmappable values: on/off for the second FX.
My daw is studio one, and I've mapped my BCR2000 completely. I can see the button changing color in studio one when clicked.
@peter, if you are reading this, and can replicate, consider these bug reports.

One intersting thing is that I see CrX4 as a source on midi dropdowns from other instruments. This is what you mean when you say it sends CC? What is the use case for this? using the lfos to control some other synth?

I like this synth more the more I use it...
Just a general question... when using the oscilator GENs only, would the sound be close to linplug alpha? Are osc and filters common?

Tried ECS, couldn't get it to produce any effect.
Maybe the daw does steal midi cc. So I'll have to stick to that.

My two next problems are:
- mapping program change to a knob (this is not midi CC, but progChange? not sure)
- mapping mod wheen to a knob.

urlwolf wrote: - mapping mod wheen to a knob.
That's CC1:
http://nickfever.com/402/production-tip ... i-cc-list/

Would be awesome to scroll through the samples using CC messages.

Yes, Program Change is no MIDI CC, you have that on the BCR2000 too (not sure hot to set up thought)

Filter 1 and filter 2 velo don't have a cc. Trying to assign to it maps to F1-F2 dep.
This instrument maps beautifully to a bcr2000 on 3 pages.
First, generators (two knobs for oscilators, two for time sampler, two for wavetable, vol and F1/F2)
Second, filters,
Third, LFOs and Envs.

Awesome machine.

urlwolf wrote:Filter 1 and filter 2 velo don't have a cc.
How many CCs in total are used by Cx4? If you say '128', then you should probably stop making these remarks.

Velocity to Cutoff cannot be automated, thats right, it can be learned vis ECS for any MIDI CC, Filter Env Depth is independent, its available for automation and for MIDI CC. So if you rely in Automation than unfortunately this parameter (Velocity to Filter) is not available, I'm sorry.

Thanks Peter, no biggie.
Now that I'm putting crx to its paces...
There are a few soundbanks out there for cronox 3.
In one, Dance Xtreme, Rauschwerker III, it tries to load a sample that either doesn't exist or is in the old format. It produces an unkillable popup with an error. The only way to recover is to kill the instance (if the daw allows it).

I know that it's not fully backwards compatible... still, may be worth it to make it not get stuck on these things: no sample? go no next available one. Or switch off the sampler generator for that sound.

Oh that last issue: killing the vst lets you at least press 'ok' on the popup. But this crased my host (studio one).

Hello, I split the thread from the original one, which was a preview on CrX4 by the time only CronoX 3 was available. Unfortunately the forum software ate a few posts, but I think who is interested read it anyway, hopefully.

As for the crash please send a support request at

http://www.linplug.com/technical_support.html

to get us some details on your machine.

Return to “LinPlug”