recreating Dave Ramone bass sound in September

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZjfD9v89Bg

Hi everyone,

I would really like to learn how to make this bass sound in the Dave Ramone remix of September I do love you..

I have Sylenth, Massive, fm8 and Dune1 as starting point synths.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
Tb4C
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

The pluck sound? you may be able to find in factory preset of those synths. Or you could google how to make pluck sound in those synths.

Those plucks i have coverd in three other synths>>>> its the bass i am after!!
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

Try 2 sawtooths, slightly detuned to each other, and a sub oscillator with saw, or bettre square wave, playing one octave lower. Then fiddle around with filter envelope settings with short decay, until you got it. It's a pretty simple sound, achievable with almost any subtractive synth i guess, but some are more suited. You could try Tyrell N6, which is free, and it's very well suited for fat bass sounds.

Btw, i think the sound consists of at least 2 stacked sounds. Sounds like a kind of a simply pluck sound is playing the same notes too.

Thank you,

I will try that!

Thanks for the advice

Regards

Return to “Sound Design”