Aggrotech vocals (feedback NOT an issue)

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Erica (Unter Null) gave up on vocal effects because she's not interested in doing terror ebm anymore. she's trying to move away from that, and unfortunately often makes fun of such acts now. in her older stuff she replicated most of what the patch does in the Waves ultrapitch 6voice plug.

Aesthetic Perfection did use lots of distortion live, hence the feedback issues.
i didn't list Danny because he's not one known for the SE-50 on his material.

i only rattled off examples of people i specifically know, and since aarondictor was looking for psyclon nine, i figured he was going for the staple sound.

vocal sound is always going to be down to the choice of the artist,
but i was only trying to help him on his specific goal.

I know Erica's new stuff is quite different to the typical Terror EBM, but all the clips I've seen of her from when she was performing older stuff she trys to scream without effects. I assumed this was cause she couldn't get those effects running live.

Exactly the same thing with Aesthetic Perfection.

Anyway, sorry if I came off rude. I wasn't meaning to be argumentative. Just trying to make a point.

yeah, for Erica it was mainly down to the venue, and the SE's power not working overseas.
and man i've played venue's who can't even get a clean mic to not feedback.

sorry i got edgy as well, i made sure to rattle off bands i know personally
so i don't talk out of my behind.
i've been having a issue lately with people fighting me on things i know for fact lately and i'm sure it bled out in this thread.
i just really wanted to answer aaron's question on the head,
mainly since we don't have many artists in this field on kvr.
(or at least openly posting enough.)

EDIT: actually we should just start a thread of industrial vocal effect chains!

binaryzero wrote:EDIT: actually we should just start a thread of industrial vocal effect chains!
That's a really good idea~!!

Aaron,

I too write aggrotech (hellektro) music. Now i dont use any of what these other guys are saying to use. especialy if you do plan on playing live.
This is what i do and you can here this on my song ("It all means nothing")
which can be found on my myspace. i used a flanger. thats it no distrortion, but maybe a little reverb or delay.
I set the flanger so that it is spinning very fast. thats really it. adding a pitchshift would help for what you are going for. But give the flanger a try, this way if you do go live (like i do) you just need a flange by its self or a guitar fx pedel. Live i use the Ibanez Chorus/flanger, and Ibanez delay/echo
they have great sound and very little feedback. The reason i say to use the Ibanez flanger is because it has a switch on it to make it spin very very fast. All the best!!!

-KaiN-
industrial/electro/ambient
www.myspace.com/bmm
Listen, eNjoy, feedbAck!

Well i have a Boss SE-50 and 2 Yamaha REX-50S, and my vocals sound like a bloody chipmunk and its pissing me offf, all i want to emulate is the Unter Null vocals but with a twist , can any one help, as i am a bit stoopid and can not work out the settings, i have a very deep voice, a tenor to be exact, HELP.

binaryzero wrote:
4 additional voices to your dry take.
(in semitones) +1, -1, +2, -2 at about 60% to the 100% of your dry vocal.
pan them however you want, the only thing i can't seem to translate for plugins is the se-50's pitch mode which involves a delay in the pitchshifted sound latencywise. (basically quality setting.)
I followed this advice with the additional voices for my Aggrotech stuff using waves Ultrapitch vst. You can muck around with the delay for each voice too. Additionally though, I do add a touch of distortion, flanger and a lot of compression in order to sound even remotely like suicide commando or psyclon nine. Here's the result of my more gruffy voice (you do have to input your own gruff!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iEuuduafr0

If I sing softer/almost-whisper-like it comes out much higher in pitch (I didn't mind it though, it's a bit more psyclon nine) and sounds like the following

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap9csQk251o

Would love to get my hands on some hardware though like the Boss SE-50.

Return to “Sound Design”