How do deadmau5 sound

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not what the tutorial says, post what you have done so far. You can use Soundcloud or something similar to host the audio. I can't help because I'm not a deadmau5 fan (I do love FXpansion software through) and am not familiar with his trademarks. Other people who know his material better will be able to help.

ferez21 wrote:
@midnight wrote:pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths
Actually, i think he is using much more hardware synths than software one's, he's quite a gearhead.
I'm using almost the most of conventional plugins: SYlenth, Z3ta+2, Massive, FM8, Nexus, zebra, Omnisphere, Vanguard,...

Meffy wrote:Not what the tutorial says, post what you have done so far. You can use Soundcloud or something similar to host the audio. I can't help because I'm not a deadmau5 fan (I do love FXpansion software through) and am not familiar with his trademarks. Other people who know his material better will be able to help.
Is more easy than this if somebody already knows somehting about, their comments are wellcome. I think it's well explained, thanks

Actually it's a lot easier if you post an audio example of what you have so far - then people with more experience (and who have probably been in the same place) can tell you where it's going wrong.

Even if what you have so far is "lame" it doesn't matter - we all have to start somewhere.

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

May be this post is more apropiated for "sound design" or "production technics", I'm thinking post there and may be more people can answer the post

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Actually it's a lot easier if you post an audio example of what you have so far - then people with more experience (and who have probably been in the same place) can tell you where it's going wrong.

Even if what you have so far is "lame" it doesn't matter - we all have to start somewhere.

Peace,
Andy.
Well what I thing is that it works touching cut off creating envelopes but might be using aditional filters on some plugins as FX (I have FL Studio as DAW)and modify cut off succesfully because many times with some interesting presets I'm not getting the result that I'm looking for. May be is problem of the preset, but always sholud be other way...

@midnight wrote: He worked closely with fxpansion when they were making Synth Squad and has used it extensively, even naming the song "Strobe" after that particular synth
Ohhh nice, it actually makes some sense 8)

Moved to Sound Design at OP's request and 'cos that's a better place for it. For now.
I'm using almost the most of conventional plugins: SYlenth, Z3ta+2, Massive, FM8, Nexus, zebra, Omnisphere, Vanguard,...
With all that software, you should be able to provide a quick example of what you have tried so far. This will show other people that you understand at least the basics of how to operate one of those synths. Without that, any advice you get here will be useless to you.

Give it a try and upload what you get to Soundcloud.
Last edited by Meffy on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DHijin wrote:
ferez21 wrote:
@midnight wrote:pretty sure he uses mostly fxpansion and cytomic effects and soft synths
Actually, i think he is using much more hardware synths than software one's, he's quite a gearhead.
Wow

You'll run out of money soon buying all those expensive plugins.

Well really expensive, are East West Symphonic Orchestra or East West True Pianos. Some day I want to try.

What this world needs are thousands of DeadMau5 clones.

Last edited by lofty on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tehlord wrote:
DHijin wrote:I'm using almost the most of conventional plugins: SYlenth, Z3ta+2, Massive, FM8, Nexus, zebra, Omnisphere, Vanguard,...
Wow

You'll run out of money soon buying all those expensive plugins.
I see what you're hinting at, but lets not jump the gun here. Innocent until proven guilty, right? I personally own way more than the small number of plugins listed above, not to mention far too much money invested in hardware.

As for what the mau5 uses, I'm sure he still makes good use of his software, but lets not forget this:

Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

DHijin wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:Step 1: Find a mouse.
Step 2: Put it in your computer case.
Step 3: Turn your computer on.
Step 4: Try making some music.

As you start to smell burning mouse, you'll be that much closer to the deadmau5 sound.
Very funny. But try to speak about yourself if you don't know about who are you talking. Everybody try to do things, and here what i'm looking for is more information.

Thanks by nothing
Hey, just giving you some real advice. That's really how it all started for deadmau5.
You are currently reading my signature.

dreamkeeper wrote:They don't sound at all, they're dead! And it's "dead mice" btw. :hihi:
Ah, you beat me to it... :hihi:

Return to “Sound Design”