Swedish House Mafia big hat

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBRKSIj2tMc

does anyone knows how to make or where can i get this big hat or, something closer, that comes in at 1.17m?

thanks

Possibly a gated china crash cymbal?

There's a hihat preset in Sylenth1 that's very close. If you just tweak it a bit with longer release you will get this sound.

ramo_and wrote:There's a hihat preset in Sylenth1 that's very close. If you just tweak it a bit with longer release you will get this sound.
wich bank? thanks

FilipeAlves wrote:
ramo_and wrote:There's a hihat preset in Sylenth1 that's very close. If you just tweak it a bit with longer release you will get this sound.
wich bank? thanks
It's in the default soundbank and it's called "DR Hihat".

NEVER EVER! Its totally a different Sound.

I came pretty close with the 808 Hihat from Logic's EXS24. Lowcut it very high and dial in the length with decay/compression.

Anonym32339 wrote:NEVER EVER! Its totally a different Sound.
I took a listen now and you're right.... It's not the same sound. Sorry :(

It's simple highpassed white noise. Listen to the noise sweep at 1:32ish where the breakdown starts - it's part of the same sound... they hold the fizz and close the cutoff.

cron wrote:It's simple highpassed white noise. Listen to the noise sweep at 1:32ish where the breakdown starts - it's part of the same sound... they hold the fizz and close the cutoff.
+1, Spot on! :)

i have the parts to this track so can just upload the actual hi hats for u, might be easier lol

possible to have the part too ? thanks in advance ! :)

there isnt the hat in the parts!

Return to “Sound Design”