Axwell Kick Drum (SHM) VST?!

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

itsNano wrote: Therefore, if your song is in the key of F or G major, then make sure the sub of your kick is tuned to F or G major.

Hey bro, what do you do if your kick is tuned to G major and your track is in G minor?

Reverse the phase, naturally. :D
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:Reverse the phase, naturally. :D
No way, that would just result in an inverted chord kick :ud:

You can just change the pitch of your 808 or the sub layer of your kick drum to G minor and now it should be in key. I use a tuner vst that shows which note your sub is on and then just change the pitch in ableton if needed.

MAN, really?? this is a hard unless you are a trained sound engineer. Avicii himself say that he can't get his kicks himself, he need a top studio with proper equipment and a critical ear. Just sample a good sounding kick from remix pack, also Afrojack use the famous LTBW kick from Swedish House Mafia. Nicky romero kickdrum synthsizer is very good for a newbie. in the end i decided to sample kick, you can get pro level faster, just my opinion

itsNano wrote:You can just change the pitch of your 808 or the sub layer of your kick drum to G minor and now it should be in key. I use a tuner vst that shows which note your sub is on and then just change the pitch in ableton if needed.
My question is how do you change your kick from G major to G minor?

tehlord wrote:
itsNano wrote:You can just change the pitch of your 808 or the sub layer of your kick drum to G minor and now it should be in key. I use a tuner vst that shows which note your sub is on and then just change the pitch in ableton if needed.
My question is how do you change your kick from G major to G minor?
In order to do that, you'll have to change the pitch in "cents" rather than "semitones." If you don't know how to do that, just search it on youtube or google. Cents are much smaller pitch changes than semitones, so you'll have to do that until your tuner shows that you are in g minor.

Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Pros use Stomper

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap/stomper/whatisit.html
lol... that's such a lame looking plugin :hihi:

Axwell don't use just one single kick when making the bass drum. He use a low kick (with high frequency cutoff) and high kick (with low frequency cutoff), as he told us in the making of One with Swedish House Mafia. He's using recently Metrum just to make the process faster.
And if the METRUM is to expensive for you there's the KICK Synth by NICKY ROMERO or find another kick synthesizer. You can try layering Vengeance Kicks like in Electroshock 2 Kick 88 with another kick to get like Axwell Bassdrum.

I can't believe I didn't see this thread last year.

F#@KING LOL AT THE THE WHOLE THING*

*except for the people who said learn how to do more than just load a sample, and of course my old mate tehlord, working some dry comedy. :clap:
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

soul_junkie wrote:I can't believe I didn't see this thread last year.

F#@KING LOL AT THE THE WHOLE THING*

*except for the people who said learn how to do more than just load a sample, and of course my old mate tehlord, working some dry comedy. :clap:
What are you trying to say? :P
Eat my shit.

daan5678 wrote:What are you trying to say? :P
F#@KING LOL AT THE THE WHOLE THING

That's why I put it in big letters.
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

soul_junkie wrote:
daan5678 wrote:What are you trying to say? :P
F#@KING LOL AT THE THE WHOLE THING

That's why I put it in big letters.
lol :hihi:
Turn off your Brain & Turn on your Heart

Some people will never understand...

Return to “Sound Design”