Synth-Bass Sound on this Techno-House track

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi recently realized how much i like this synth like bass sound. Sounds 303ish but It's not precisely. what I can recreate with synthesis. I have sylenth1 and several other synths I've obtain maybe a guidance (with patch) will help me reverse the synthesis to see how its build up.

I see a saw, with very fast attack, lowpass filter acting up on... resonance? idk -_- I feel it's FMish at times.

Plays in several parts of the track some with more open cutoff.
best parts
3:45+ and 4:57 (more closed)
http://youtu.be/sJ-8TDE4QX0?t=3m41s

Lil Kenny and the $hebangs - Straight To Your Head (Tale Of Us Remix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ-8TDE4QX0

any help would be lovely.

Do you mean that plucky squaresynth or the smooth bass-synth in the background?

steffeeH wrote:Do you mean that plucky squaresynth or the smooth bass-synth in the background?
RE: Mainly the plucky synth that has some low end to it.

Well both are interesting to my attention. Do you have a take on any of the two?

CHEERS

Sorry for the late reply!

The plucky squaresynth:
Either use several squareoscillators and detune them lightly, or use 1 squareoscillator and apply a unison, experiment with the number of voices (I don't think there's more than 4)
Apply some lowpass, also apply a lowpass envelope with fast decay and adjust sustain by taste.
Add some resonance.
Let the velocity control both the lowpass and the sustain of the lowpass envelope.

steffeeH wrote:Sorry for the late reply!

The plucky squaresynth:
Either use several squareoscillators and detune them lightly, or use 1 squareoscillator and apply a unison, experiment with the number of voices (I don't think there's more than 4)
Apply some lowpass, also apply a lowpass envelope with fast decay and adjust sustain by taste.
Add some resonance.
Let the velocity control both the lowpass and the sustain of the lowpass envelope.
Tried giving it a go. and nuthinn

lol

easy way out. cool you send a preset over?

massive, sylenth, minimoog, prophet 53

whatever

thanks

will be awesome steffeeh

Return to “Sound Design”