Absynth 5 - Cutoff & envelope help

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey guys!
so, ive just recently gotten into absynth, and i must admit, its quickly becoming my new favourite synth for ambient pads and that kind of thing...

im running into an issue on a specific patch, where i can't get it to behave the way i want it to... i can't figure out how to open the cutoff, as you would on a Low pass filter from a synth like massive.

so, i've drawn up my envelope, and assigned it to the cutoff... but the value for the "cutoff frequency" is not the base value (as in massive) instead it means maximum value... so the top of the envelope is whatever frequency the cutoff is set, and the bottom of the envelop is 0... so when you turn the frequency up it just increases the maximum value, and you dont get that kind of swelling sound im going for...

is there a way to achieve this kind of sound within absynth 5?

thanks in advance, (hope you understood me)

Set the filter to max (or your preferred max value) and then assign a envelope and create your swell with this envelope.
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

thanks for the help man, however

this wont help me start the sound as a filtered pluck, and have the filter open over time.

can i automate the envelope parameters?
Last edited by Darkzavage on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For this to work, assign the filter to a macro and use the macro fader as the "opener".

liv wrote:For this to work, assign the filter to a macro and use the macro fader as the "opener".
'assign the filter to a macro'
do you mean the frequency cutoff to the macro? because this is not the sound i'm going for, i explained why this wont work earlier.. i will post an example if needed

i almost need the time and level of the decay to increase, it sounds like this is happening when you open the filter on massive (even with an envelope linked to it)

if i add a macro to the decay parameter, i can get the kind of swell (with the same macro on the frequency cutoff)

Darkzavage wrote:
liv wrote:For this to work, assign the filter to a macro and use the macro fader as the "opener".
do you mean the frequency cutoff to the macro? because this is not the sound i'm going for, i explained why this wont work earlier..
Yes, filter cutoff indeed.
Darkzavage wrote: i can't figure out how to open the cutoff, as you would on a Low pass filter from a synth like massive.
They both behave the same.
The above example gives you exactly this.
Darkzavage wrote:i almost need the time and level of the decay to increase, it sounds like this is happening when you open the filter on massive (even with an envelope linked to it)
This is only possible if theres additional assignments to decay amp and time.
Darkzavage wrote:if i add a macro to the decay parameter, i can get the kind of swell (with the same macro on the frequency cutoff)
Both Massive and Absynth support both these features.
To control decay amp and time in Absynth you need to select the breakpoint and enable the control tab above the envelope and choose your preferred settings.

Return to “Sound Design”