This Kind of Ride

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
in the last track from Angello, Axwell,Alesso and similar there is a kind of long ride , like a noise.. do you now where i can find it? if you know a sample pack that i can buy.. Thanks :wink:

(from 1:38)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCs-QNH2G0U

(from 2:16)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s0mN7TiGiI

(from 1:21)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvphz5BD5go

you mean the over eqed hats with an insert reverb then overcompressed , generating a huge amount of aliasing?
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

mm i don't know if it's a simple hat reverbered... it's sound like a long ride or noize...i try to find something similar in my sample packs without result

well, use a ride, stick some reverb as insert, then low cut the shit out of it, boost the trebles until your hair falls from your skull, overcompress the lot, and although it will not sound similar if you solo it, once you blend it in the mix, it will...
I personnaly hate that type of sound. it's aliased as hell, and just rely on over processing the lot. but I know first hand that this is how it was done. take it or leave it...
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

Chopper wrote:I personnaly hate that type of sound.
Ok, so I've not missed anything (all 3 vids are blocked here in germany).
Last edited by Chris-S on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds like a standard cymbal high passed so only the treble remains

Try doing that to a standard acoustic ride or perhaps a splash cymbal

You know, sometimes I really think people are just trying to have a laugh with these type of threads.

I could understand if it was complicated bass sound or something, but this is just pretty much any cymbal + high pass and reverb???

d-s-m wrote:You know, sometimes I really think people are just trying to have a laugh with these type of threads.

I could understand if it was complicated bass sound or something, but this is just pretty much any cymbal + high pass and reverb???
And bitcrusher. Don't forget the bitcrusher.

(Actually, I'd lay money on the original sample coming out of a fairly grungy sampler like the Akai S900 or an SP12 and then getting processed heavily after that).

d-s-m wrote:You know, sometimes I really think people are just trying to have a laugh with these type of threads.

i'm here to learn, like everyone (i think).. i'm really like this sound and i'm not able to replicate it ( i tried with rev+compressor) so give me a reason to not share the problem with other user.. It's a forum! :wink: if you want have a laugh , do it!

Guys, the secret is to not use a ride or a cymbal!
You have to use a white noise sound instead from a synth

+1 for noise oscillator, highpass filtered, put through signal processing hijinks.
And if you're just CRAaAaZY WILD, layer on a cymbal or hat for the attack.

Return to “Sound Design”