Virus TI users - how to make this effect in virus?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Virus TI users. How do I make this effect just BEFORE the melody starts to kick in? its some kind of pitch down technique. I've tried to fool around with both LFOs and pitch envelopes but doesnt get it to sound right, eventhough it sounds pretty simple to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

http://youtu.be/n7E0IfCBH2o?t=26s

It can be heared @ 26seconds in this clip. It's just a simple pitch down just before the lead kicks in.
If you get what I mean?

Any simple way to make this? Especially using the virus ti (since Im using it).

Thanks.
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

play a simple midi melody, load init preset and trun up the POTRA knob (OSC page)

PurpleSunray wrote:play a simple midi melody, load init preset and trun up the POTRA knob (OSC page)
is it not possible to set this up with some modulation instead of using the portamento?

Also, please evolve your answer - with simple midi melody do you mean only 1 note for the effect or?
MacBook Pro 15" | 2 GHz Intel Core i7 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD + 500GB Toshiba internal HDD | AMD RAdeon HD 6490M 256MB | Apogee Duet | Ableton Live 9 | MAC OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.3

Well, you could, but he is playing a melody and instead of jumping from one note to another it slides.
You can do this with an env on the pitch too, just needs lot of calculation / modulation to hit the right note. i.e. if you play [C] [E] [D] the pitch envelope needs to increase pitch for 4 semitones at the end of first / begining of second note, then move down fro 2 on next, ect. Hell to setup.. that's why some smart guy inveted the portamento knob =)

> Also, please evolve your answer - with simple midi melody do you mean only 1 note for the effect or?
Just a couple of midi notes. If you don't have any gap between notes the portamento effect will be strongest, but you can also have gaps between the notes and do a delay or so to fill the silence... just get creative .. :D

Return to “Sound Design”