atmospheric sound in trance

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can any knowledgable ppl tell me how the start of this track - Arctic Moon - starships over alice is created. I mean the swirly atmospheric part which continues throughout the bassline, is this just a pad side chained or a sample?. Any info would be great, thanks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7WfeXaY8k8

My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Yessssss exactly, i take it its from a sample pack?

Synthesized. Saw wave start. 9 voice unison with a reasonable amount of detune. Full stereo spread of course. Goes through a 12db/oct Highpass at 676.3 hz. Add a bit of resonance to the HP filter. Then a 12db/oct Lowpass filter with a bit more resonance. On a second "layer" if you will, add a noise oscillator with an attack of around 7.2 seconds. High pass it like the above. Then, to keep it feeling like a pad, the main amp envelope should have an attack of 950ms and a release of a full second. Sidechain the pad to the kick drum. then automate the Lowpass filter of the saw to create the "flowing" or "motion" of the pad throughout the bassline. Mixing is also a key feature here so be sure to mix it in with the rest of the song correctly. Hope this helps!

Dakkra
My Setup.

Thanks mate, i will try that out. How did you find all that out?!

It's just sound design. Eventually you get the ear for it and can work out a sound with relative ease. Time + effort = experience. The more experience you have, the more you are able to manipulate sound how you want it.

Talk to sound designers and watch a good collection of videos on sound design and you can get a good start. If you have some extra money to spend, look at the Syntorial software. It's very nice and has a good setup for learning sound design.

Good luck!

Dakkra
My Setup.

chk071 wrote:
Is that Hive?
Mutools MUX actually. :D
My Setup.

Alright. :) Sounds good.

ok thanks

Return to “Sound Design”