Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs (TEED) - Trouble Bass Sound

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, surprised I've not seen more on this guys sounds around here, he creates some absolutely crazy sounds. Problem is, he's a hardware buff and uses a lot of real synths.

However, the sound I'm after is simple enough and it's killing me that I can't get it just quite right. The bass sound comes in at 0:33

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odNebyVXsZg

And it plays throughout the track, with a bit of the cutoff rolled off as the track progresses to various parts.

My current progress is using Massive, one oscillator on the Pulse-PWM with the pulse width cranked to get that nice hollow/fat sound, but I'm not quite getting that bouncy reverb sound. I've tried rolling off the decay and using a reverb but it seems to get further away.

All his songs sound like they come straight from a Gameboy, I'm just in awe trying to recreate his stuff. I tried using Monark as well but I find Monark to be really ham fisted in it's programming, like you can't really fine tune anything, you just kind of slam around till you land on something you like haha.

I'm actually going to try and use one of my SID emulation VSTs, possibly the fattest pulse waves known to man! Whilst I'm cracking on with that, if anyone else could give me some pointers that would be swell.

Return to “Sound Design”