Anyone know how what synth would work best in replicating this distorted bass?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From what I cant hear there's two layers. 1 is a pluck to give it attack, the other is the fuzz synth. Just dont know where I would look for this sound. Any ideas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTTmYLMgyPU

Firebird's "NAT Metal" preset sounds quite similar to that, if you could tweak that preset and process it with some eq or other effects you could get something quite close (if not identical) to the fuzz-line in that song in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply but aax my only format

To me it sounds a lot like either Tone2 'Gladiator' which has a very metallic, digital mid range sound (almost as if every preset is running through a cheap Amp simulator). Not AAX though.

The only other synth off the top of my head that sounds a bit like that is Reveal Sound's 'Spire'. That is AAX from memory. Cool little synth, very powerful. A bit of a rising star at the moment.

I think the synth itself is playing a big part of the sound here, but tat being said, I don't think that would totally restrict you to creating it with anything. If you use more digital waveforms (that sound close to classic ones) then focus on applying post effects like overdrive/distortion/amp sims - making sure they are giving a digital quality, as that's really the sound here - cold & digital! haha
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

Yeah I tried running many synthmaster, Aeon and massive fuzz lead presets through guitar rig and couldn't get close. I tried using Trash and got a bit closer but it kept crashing and its far too expensive to buy IMO (for what it is).
Just this minute tried downloading Spire (realizing they made it for PC AAX) and got a "not a valid aax plugin" error when launched PTs.

This sound seems so easy to replicate but Ive really struggled with it. I dont know where to else to look.

Return to “Sound Design”