U-he Diva and Rhythmic sound design Whiteout ARP

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I finally bought Diva from U-he. I try to figure it out how to do a Rhythmic sound WHITEOUT ARP . I know you can design a rhythmic sound with many synth and I wondering if you guys have a reference or tutorial to do it?

Thanks

I don't own Diva, but since no one else has answered this yet, you'll want to use Diva's LFOs to create rhythm without using the arp. Common parameters to modulate would be filter cutoff and of course the amp. If you can find rhythmic presets that aren't using the arp, just look at the LFO assignments to see what is being modulated. That should get you started until/if someone more familiar with Diva chimes in with more specific advise.

Greg Houston wrote:I don't own Diva, but since no one else has answered this yet, you'll want to use Diva's LFOs to create rhythm without using the arp. Common parameters to modulate would be filter cutoff and of course the amp. If you can find rhythmic presets that aren't using the arp, just look at the LFO assignments to see what is being modulated. That should get you started until/if someone more familiar with Diva chimes in with more specific advise.

Thanks Greg, it gave to me a start to what looking for.

Cheers

Make sure to experiment with the different wave types for LFOs - a sine wave LFO will sweep through the amount, where as square wave will make that chosen parameter you're modulating sound like it's turning off and on, like a gate (depending on how much it's modulating obviously).

Alongside LFOs (or looping envelopes, which is what an LFO is, really) remember that you can automate a parameter in your DAW and draw in custom enevelopes / rhythmic modulations. So if it's filter cutoff (for instance), map that to a macro / automation lane and then go nuts drawing in some weird movements :)

Return to “Sound Design”