How to: Raindrop Reverb Perc? as seen in Aurora, Lorde, and other pop productions?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I am working on a collaboration now with a buddy and we have just started. We really enjoy the "Raindrop Reverb Percussion" sound that we hear on this track by Aurora, https://youtu.be/d_HlPboLRL8 and have been trying to recreate it. We have been struggling with this a lot :dog: and could really use anyones help on achieving this or a similar sound.

I have tried starting with both samples and creating massive patches that should behave similarly to the sound, I dont know if I just dont know what wave shapes make good for this sound or if Im somehow making the envelopes more of a pluck or something, but I just don't know where to try next.

I have been having issues finding tutorials on this as I just dont know what to search, clearly raindrop reverb perc isnt a real thing haha. Help us please!!!
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Sounds like an analog drum machine tom or bongo. Or a high pitch snare without the noise component. Try a drum synth.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2nd'd 808 Tom/Conga w/ medium hall verb.

Maybe has a small pitch envelope to make it 'drip'.

Can be made very easily with any synth and a sine wave.
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

Thanks for all your help!

Really crazy how much I was overthinking that sound. It was incredibly easy to make.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

qtheerearranger wrote:Really crazy how much I was overthinking that sound. It was incredibly easy to make.
This is the biggest takeaway everyone should have.

Quite often things are much simpler than they seem :D
Sound Engineer / Musician / Producer......but I'm always learning.

Return to “Sound Design”