Organ Donors synth

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The last few weeks I've been listening to a LOT of organ donors and I keep asking the same question every time I hear it. How the hell are they getting such dirty sounding synths?!

The mix is so clean yet so full. The synth almost reminds me of when you loop a very short piece of audio.

I'd love to be able to create a similar aggressive style synth like this but I don't even know where to start.

I'm not looking for a step by step or a preset, just a good nudge in the right direction would be good :-D

Listen to 212 - organ donors. You'll know the sound I'm on about. :-D

I think this will help a little. Even if you don't have this synth, you should be able to learn what you need from it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v3ZC3_ipFE

The way it's done in the video is that he uses an oscillator to modulate the frequency it plays at. So it distorts the sound of itself by hitting the frequency amplitudes.

And in now in English: You can also get similar effect by using a saw/square oscillator and detune one osc by -12 and adding a granulizer or heavy saturation to increase the grittiness. Two oscillators plays in lower frequencies, they will most likely distort the sound. Try out a few things and see what works.

Hey cheers for the reply. I've heard some good things about zebra, might take the plunge on it!

That's definitely given me a Dam good nudge in the right direction man thankyou.

Return to “Sound Design”