How do I make this warm analog lead sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

I've seen this sound used in a lot of psy-trance, and I love it. I was wondering if someone can help me with the sound design? I use Sylenth1 as my main synth.

Example is here: https://youtu.be/klD_y-7oNxA?t=237

if you mean that arpeggiated lead at the point where playback starts at the end of the set, that sounds a lot like an actual guitar to me. for a synth emulation of this sound, i would use a good fm synth. or create a plucky sound with a subtractive synth (saw wave) and give the sound some drive before going into the filter. plucky: set filter and amp envelopes to short-ish attack, medium short decay, low or zero sustain, medium short release. turn filter cutoff down to about halfway and send it some positive-going modulation from an envelope with the described settings. mess with cross modulating oscillators or manipulating their waveform in an interesting way. how to program the whole patch would be a bit too long to explain i'm afraid, and different from synth to synth

Yep, if your talking about the arpeggio, In sylenth it's simple use a triangle wave, a bit of distortion, bandpass filter with low cutoff, a bid of resonance. And use a mod enveloppe to put a bit of decay on the filter cutoff in order to have this plucky sound. Add delay and reverb and voila !

Return to “Sound Design”