15,000 free sound effects

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hello everyone.

Just thought this might be of interest.... For 2 years I've been developing a free sound effects library covering a wide range of genres. I've released them all (15,000, and more being recorded weekly).

If of interest, the site is https://www.zapsplat.com (https://www.zapsplat.com)

Alan

wow first post like this, while it's true that I'm being judgey here, I don't report you for spam.

1. this viewforum.php?f=42 is better suited for your topic.

2. free means nobody will download right? purchase your pack, that's the point. Do you provide zip? because who the hell want to download one by one.

Sorry, I just ate something wrong today.

Where are the WAV files? I can only find MP3 packs.

"We’ve 14596 professional, free sounds to download instantly in mp3 or original WAV file format "
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

berrybular wrote:wow first post like this, while it's true that I'm being judgey here, I don't report you for spam.

1. this viewforum.php?f=42 is better suited for your topic.

2. free means nobody will download right? purchase your pack, that's the point. Do you provide zip? because who the hell want to download one by one.

Sorry, I just ate something wrong today.
I really hope there is some joke in your post here that I am missing...

Somebody introduces them self to KVR offering a bunch of free samples and the first reaction is to complain???? This place never ceases to amaze me. It is such a sad contrast to a number of guitar forums I visit where there is much more of a friendly fraternity vibe.

berrybular wrote:wow first post like this, while it's true that I'm being judgey here, I don't report you for spam..
Wow. Mr 4 posts calls out new poster :dog:

thecontrolcentre wrote:Where are the WAV files? I can only find MP3 packs.
+1. I thank you for your generosity, but in case you didn't notice, MP3 is a lossy compressed format, basically unusable for music production. If you really have to compress them, use a lossless compressed format, like FLAC.
Fernando (FMR)

Struggling to find the multitude of free wav files...is this a crysonics rouse!? :tu: :evil:

fmr wrote: I thank you for your generosity, but in case you didn't notice, MP3 is a lossy compressed format, basically unusable for music production.
thats patently false. i mean sure...wavs would be better....but come on...are you really saying that the mp3 versions of cartoon hits and falls are "unusable"? these are better sounding quality than the hanna barbera samples that cost $500.

people have been using far FAR poorer quality samples for decades to great effect.

these are free....use them or dont, but bitching about free samples is kinda petty, especially when they are perfectly fine in the format theyve been provided in.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:
fmr wrote: I thank you for your generosity, but in case you didn't notice, MP3 is a lossy compressed format, basically unusable for music production.
thats patently false. i mean sure...wavs would be better....but come on...are you really saying that the mp3 versions of cartoon hits and falls are "unusable"? these are better sounding quality than the hanna barbera samples that cost $500.

people have been using far FAR poorer quality samples for decades to great effect.

these are free....use them or dont, but bitching about free samples is kinda petty, especially when they are perfectly fine in the format theyve been provided in.
I wasn't looking for the "Hanna Barbera" sounds, I was looking for nature sounds, and on that I would like to have WAV files. Sure they are free, but release sounds that were supposed to be used in samplers or DAWs in MP3 format is kinda pointless, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
chaosWyrM wrote:

I wasn't looking for the "Hanna Barbera" sounds, I was looking for nature sounds, and on that I would like to have WAV files. Sure they are free, but release sounds that were supposed to be used in samplers or DAWs in MP3 format is kinda pointless, IMO.
omg....the hanna barbera thing was just an example of low quality samples that are still used by TONS of people to this day. the point is...you can use mp3s just fine and neither you nor anyone one else would ever know the difference.

you would like to have wavs? thats nice...id like to have 100 million dollars and the ability to set people on fire with my mind. but ya know...ill take some free mp3 samples and be happy to have them. i can certainly figure out how to use them in my daw without any issues.

sticking IMO at the end of a wrong statement doesnt make it any less wrong. it isnt pointless. you CAN use them just fine, you just dont want to ....and again....they are free.

so to recap. not at all "unusable for music production" and also not at all pointless....oh...and free.
:shrug:

some people cant just say thanks.
ImageImageImage

fmr wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Where are the WAV files? I can only find MP3 packs.
+1. I thank you for your generosity, but in case you didn't notice, MP3 is a lossy compressed format, basically unusable for music production. If you really have to compress them, use a lossless compressed format, like FLAC.
If you donate a tenner you can have the wavs.

Not really free if you want my email address in return. freesound.org does not need that.

It took me a bit of a hassle to download an example without going through the registration process, but succeeded. (hint: the preview plays fine in your browser) Then looked at the file details: it's encoded with 177kbps. Really, that's good enough for rock 'n roll (or whatever modern genre)

There's no need to complain. It's free. Use it or don't. Simple as that :shrug:
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:There's no need to complain. It's free. Use it or don't. Simple as that :shrug:
what he said.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Won't use.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”