The Sound Designers of KVR Thread

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah Ronny, a scener meeting point would be great! :D I am sure here are a lot of people from the old days...

Well, it's a pity that JCH is only gaming (btw, are there still some good games around? I did not play any game since years, the last one was Turrican on C64, ohhhh yeah..). Anyway, Vibrants was really a great musican community, great music...

Sometimes i switch my c64 on and take a look onto all these old great demos, really funny...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

I wonder what it takes to get a sticky thread on "Old sceners in KvR" in either the "Everything Else" or "Off Topic" forums...

I dont know exactly what kind of games there are on the market. I play some games with my son on his PS2, but that's about it. I know JCH is a big fan of those shooter-games (Half-Life and such).

Btw. there are actually still people making demos for the C64. The scene still lives - how amazing that may sound.

And another thing. There's an online database of all (or close to) c64-sceners at The C64 Scene Database at http://noname.c64.org/csdb/. You should check that out aswell. You'll find lots of old friends there I'm sure :)

Cheers.

wouldn't really call myself a sound designer among the company in this thread, but i do make presets for just about everything I have. I also have some stuff at GMedia for Imposcar, and over at Ohmforce for Symptohm Melohman.

Well I can just as well join the party.

1. State name.

Drinelli

2. What synths you have worked on.

Wusikstation.

But if you mean any I have had the pleasure of using
and programming for use in my own music: Yamaha Sy 77, Sytrus, Fm7, Absynth, Cube, Cantor, Vokator, Halion, Kontakt, Vertigo, Doppelmangler, Wusikstation, Pro 53, Cameleon 5000, eh...Reaktor, The Abstract Guitar, some demoes of other plugs, some freeware plugs, I can not squeeze more out of my brain right now.

3. What developers you have worked for.

Wusik.com

4. Any web references.

no

5. Prefered synthesis method (if any).

PM, FM, Wavesequensing

6. Any other comments about your work you would like to present.

I have stopped as a sound designer, I want the sounds I make for my own music.

7. Contact info.

None, I do not want to be famous, just make music that People can enjoy

1. State name.

Thomas C. Weber aka Angular Momentum

Juno 60, juno 106, D-50, CS-01, SH-101, DX7, DX11, SY77, Poly-800, Six Track, CZ-1, JP-8000, Super JD-990, JX-305, MS-20, Bass-Station and many others synths, samplers and sound/effects modules I can't recall..going back to the early 80's

None, only my own SE projects like Analog Warfare 1 and 2, CV-2SEQ, G&P Synth and upcoming Chromium. Also I like to make refills, rex and wave loops, SF Banks, the lot...

4. Any web references.

http://www.amvst.com You can down approximatly a 1500 rex and wav loops and other stuff from my website, as reference..working on a free accoustic guitar refill at the moment.

Anything really, think hybrid I like most, FM the least, all depends on the interface.

Bit shy, did wait a long time before I had the guts to present my projects here on KVR with the Big Boys...heh...multi instrumentalist, Contracted artist at Bansheeworx BVBA(Revamped Bonzaimusic)...First EP (Hubbard & Weber - Aphrodite) soon out

7. Contact info.

vstsupport {at} internetdj (dot) com

Cheerio!

[1. State name.
Howard Scarr

Too many to mention (since 1973)

Access
Roland
Waldorf
Native Instruments
Gmedia
Arturia
Steinberg
Way Out Ware

4. Any web references.
www.zorchmusic.com/hscarr

Real analog :-)

See website

7. Contact info.
See website

Hi Howard :hail: (from a GONG fan)

Howard wrote:[1. State name.
Howard Scarr
:-o

ohhhhh

you´re here at KVR
:)

glad to meet you here

and a warm welcome to KVR

Kudos Howard... Its his first post since he joined more than 15 months back... :roll:

josevin2000 wrote:Kudos Howard... Its his first post since he joined more than 15 months back... :roll:
maybe he's just been a lurker

> maybe he's just been a lurker

True - I lurk at K-v-R to stay informed about new VST developments!

BTW: For UK Gong heads - check out www.planetgong.co.uk for info about this year's "GONG UNCONVENTION" being held in Glastonbury on October 21st and 22nd. Steve Hillage and Tim Blake will also be performing there.

I recently changed my account from Raapie to Marco Raaphorst, my real name. To make it easy to read about my work as a sound designer I started to tag all postings with the term 'sound design'. Check out:
http://melodiefabriek.nl/category/sound-design/
Regards,

Marco Raaphorst
composer / sound designer / weblogger

melodiefabriek.nl - a weblog dedicated to the art of music, creative sound design and remix culture

you can find my fine fine craftmanship in the vivaldi synth
the presets with initials o.d. (dont that look lovely :hihi: )

or was it the other synth..

1. Andrew Vernon.

2. I use a lot of synths, but I've released banks for Absynth 2/3, I've done patches for Krakli's Cygnus, I've done the odd sample patch for the NNXT and EnergyXT's sampler also. I plan to release more as I feel. Would like to do some for synths on an official basis also.

3. None specifically, but Ian from Krakli did put my patches in one of the banks for Cygnus.

4. Huh?

5. Huh?

6. Huh?

7. Huh?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Closed
Last edited by korgsp200 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sound Design”