Using kerrstinn

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
Just downloaded KerrStinn and it is awesome!

However is there a way to control it using external MIDI controlers? Or a way to open many instances of it each of them looping at different rates?

When i use it in software such as FL studio or Cubase, there is always a gap between each iteration of the loop, why is this? Also there seems to be no way to automate the starting and stopping of the loop playback, all instances play at the same time when the play button is pressed.

Is there any way I can get it to work in this way?
Thanks

Hello koukotsu.

To control KerrStinn via an external controller all you have to do is hook up your host to do that. I've succesfully used the built in functions in Live and Tracktion.

I dont really understand what you mean with different rates and many instances? Just drop KerrStinn on a new track, that should give you multiple instances, Looping at different rates are controlled per plug.

The gap between the iteration sounds weird, could you post a soundexample?

The reason the plug is playing when play is pressed is because it takes the position of the bar from the host and plays the loop in the same tempo. Changing that would be quite a bit of a rewrite and a paradigm shift of what I wanted it to do.

Hope this helps.
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I have pretty much got it to work with Cubase now.
The gap problem is in FL studio when the song playback mode is selected and it sounds like this:

http://download.yousendit.com/A56734633F0B94FB (http://download.yousendit.com/A56734633F0B94FB)

It loops over ok when the pattern playback mode is selected, but if i use this all the time then i wouldn't be able to compose any tracks more than 1 bar loop long. However I found out that I dont have any of these problems in Cubase. :)

AHh, ok, that is FL's problem. it does not send the timeinfo properly, it does not give any information on wich bar is currently playing. I thought they fixed that in all later versions.

Playmode is fun. they actually give negative time there, hence the gap. You really got to tell image-line to get their host together :) Good to hear you can work it in cubase though.
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

Return to “Shuriken”