KerrStinn updated to 1.2

RELATED
PRODUCTS

this one of the best slice, rearrange, plugins I have seen. I think I chopped up one beat 20 different times and make 5 beats from the one drum loop. I cant send him an email and tell him thank you for this plugin.
So I will write in KVR and tell him thank you.

thank you!
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

Hi Larsby,

I downloaded Kerrstinn and got it to work a couple of times. It sounds fantastic and is very inspiring but I don't think Reaper likes it. Kerrstinn often crashes Reaper when I load a file, especially if I try to drag a file into the GUI. Is there any chance you could look and see if there's a compatibility issue?

Thanks once again for a superb plug-in. When it works, it works beautifully.

Reaper V2.0
Read reviews of free netlabel/Creative Commons music at Catching The Waves, a most amateurish free music blog. @catchingthewave

there have been a few issues with reaper and other plug's i've made.
especially after reaper upgraded to 2.0

could you try it on 1.888 or whatever and se if you can recreate it there?

also, are the wav files you try and dragdrop of any special kind?

I don't have 1.888 but I downloaded 2.003 and the same problem occurred. I'm using ordinary wavs, such as short drum loops - no loop points or anything like that. Sometimes Kirrstenn will let me load a file via the windows folders system (the lower of the two options on the GUI), but if I drag and drop a file into the GUI Reaper freezes for 30 seconds, produces the dreaded sandtimer and then crashes compeletely. Sorry I can't be of more help. So near and yet so far, eh? :)
Read reviews of free netlabel/Creative Commons music at Catching The Waves, a most amateurish free music blog. @catchingthewave

will it work if you click-to-load them?

Click-to-load seems to work most of the time but drag-and-drop crashes Reaper. Once a file is loaded, Kerrstinn works fine (very fine) but automation is a problem. I clicked Reaper's automation option and when the automation box appeared there seemed to be a CPU spike because I got terrible cursor lag. It took a minute for Reaper to catch up. I managed to alter one automation parameter in the track I was using but as soon as I played the track Reaper crashed.

To summarise:

1. Click-to-load seems ok.
2. Drag-and-drop crashes Reaper.
3. Automation crashes Reaper.

My PC isn't very powerful at all (eMachine 330, 1.0Ghz, 128MB) but Kerrstinn runs very smoothly once a file is safely loaded.

Does this help at all?

Forgot to test the drag and drop but it works great on my 3.0 Ghz Core Duo WinXp Home
FL7 whateverthehellthelatestbetais, Usine ditto, Reaper ditto

My suspicion would be, having had this kind of problem in all sorts of DAWs in the past, is that RAM leaks when you futz around with drag and drop or other RAM-instensive processes because it seems to happen a lot more when you stupidly attempt it while a DAW is actually playing. Doesn't seem to matter how stable a DAW is, how well-coded a plug is, or how much power your CPU has got it just crashes windows sometimes.

I'd be more than happy to throw things at your great plug when I get home and give you actually detailed info on it's behavior in different apps.

Sweet, thanx much appreciiated.

Instead of doing that, I got drunk with a tiny person.

This not having internet at home thing is getting old. I have to keep a paper to-do-list of things to test on my DAWs when I get home.

But since I check my posts fairly frequently I will do this today now that I remember.

not much of a hangover then?

tiny as in young or as in small or as in miget?

22, 5'1"

Both, to me.

Um, yeah, I'm getting some problems in Reaper for sure. Sadly, I'm brand new to Reaper having only bought the license. So unlike in FL I can't just tell from the behavior of the app and the hang/crash what the bug is. I never realized that I unconsciously did this, but apparently we interface with our DAWs far too much lol. I will be back yet again. Must get net at home, this is ridiculous. At least my spacebar works ;)

I'll be waiting for your input. seems like Reaper did a few changes, have to take a loser look at all my plugins in that program.

Well, none too surprisingly being a brand-new user of Reaper, I've tested some things, baffled by others. I learn fast though and I bump you.

I'm sorry to have given you a headache by mentioning the problems with Reaper. But keep at it. :)

Return to “Shuriken”