Shredder doesn't mute the incoming audio when you play a slice :(

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey All -

I'm trying to setup a really simple buffer sequencer (like mlrv for the monome) with my new Launchpad...and Shredder is PERFECT...except...

There's no option to duck/mute the incoming audio when you hit play on a slice!

Is there...anyway to do this?

Can it be added to the plugin?

Thanks!

Currently that is not a feature, but yes it can be added!
Shuriken.se, sonic weapons for the music ninja!

larsby wrote:Currently that is not a feature, but yes it can be added!
nice!

what would it take for that to happen?

zoomzip wrote:
nice!

Just me getting arsed around doing it. I've been pretty quit lately on the VST development front.

larsby wrote:
zoomzip wrote:
nice!

Just me getting arsed around doing it. I've been pretty quit lately on the VST development front.
Ha!

So how much love and devotion do I have to show to inspire you? :hihi:

I've got a live show coming up at the end of this month and I'd love to get Shredder working with the Launchpad, I'd even make a little youtube video to show others how to achieve the setup I have in mind...

BTW, this is what I'm thinking:

Thanks a lot, larsby!

zoomzip wrote:
larsby wrote:
zoomzip wrote:
nice!

Ha!

So how much love and devotion do I have to show to inspire you? :hihi:

I've got a live show coming up at the end of this month and I'd love to get Shredder working with the Launchpad, I'd even make a little youtube video to show others how to achieve the setup I have in mind...

BTW, this is what I'm thinking:

Thanks a lot, larsby!
You know how stupid ableton live is? It's really smart, but that's what makes it stupid.

I haven't used shredder in a long while, so it took me a while to get up and running. I tested it as I used to on minihost, and minihost works just opposite of live. It does not send anything through. And you can get ableton to do that to with changing the monitor options, to like off. But then you will only hear the samples already sampled into shredder. and nothing otherwise. So that did not solve your problem. So I went ahead and implemented a "duck" feature.
To bad that ableton tries to fix the audiopath.

If I set up ableton like this
1 - audio (with 2 different drumploops for testing) (out to 3)
2 - midi (sending data to 3) with two clips. one record then play, and one with only play
3- shredder

I get the following result, setting monitor to in never shut's the input upp, even if it should (shredder does not send anything through)
auto plays what I've recorded but wont record stuff incoming.

man is this annoying.
are you using live 8? perhaps one could set something up with ducking and stuff.

ok, so I've tamed Live, wich I had to do by doing stupid ways around the audio buffers.
Hooke me up with a email-address and I'll send you a beta for you to test. would be sweet to know if you're on mac or pc?

larsby wrote:You know how stupid ableton live is? It's really smart, but that's what makes it stupid.
Hahahha I used Ableton 6 (aka "Midi plugin!? Surely that's impossible!" ) for a WHILE and I swear I've found every bizarre little halfway-broken functionality in such a great piece of software...
man is this annoying.
sorry if this was tough, and thanks SO MUCH for everything so far!
larsby wrote:ok, so I've tamed Live, wich I had to do by doing stupid ways around the audio buffers.
Hooke me up with a email-address and I'll send you a beta for you to test. would be sweet to know if you're on mac or pc?
perfect! I sent you a PM with my e-mail address, can't wait to try the beta out!

(also, I'm on a pc)

Thanks again, dude, I seriously don't have words for how impressed I am!

Well, the problem was that live sent it's audiobuffer through in a way that I did not anticipate. THe VST standard is full of holes (for a standard)

It was not realy hard, more perplexing and annoying that it did not work the way I thought it should. But who am I to question the mind of Mr Henke and his posse :)

Anyways the email is sent, I hope it works great directly (I have not tried it a lot on the pc)

It will be super to se the youtube-video and how you set up the launchpad to work like that.

larsby wrote:You know how stupid ableton live is? It's really smart, but that's what makes it stupid.
:lol:

They should put that quote on their site...............
KVR >Gear Slutz! Change my mind! :clap:

VSTJuNkiE wrote:
:lol:

They should put that quote on their site...............
Haha, I didnt realise how funny it was until you quouted it :)

so zoomzip, have you tested it yet?

Return to “Shuriken”