Konnekt 48 vs. the Motu 828 MKIII.......thoughts......

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just purchased a Konnekt 48 after owning a Emu/Creative 1820m. My thing, the patch mix on the Emu offered a lot more for eq'ing and effects on the routing. The 48 does sound wonderful to my ears, but the option of only putting 2 Fabric C's inline is something I missed in all my research of this piece.

So, from what I've read on here so far, people are leaning to the 828 MKIII vs what ever it up against. Anyone have input on the 48 vs. 828?

My thing, I want to have a partial mixer like atmosphere for things, and the "Focus" option on the new Cue Mix FX from Motu seems to line up right with this. Adjustment for eq's and compression/limiter setting completely independent for every in/mix/output.

Now, the remote option is lovely for ease of use. Setting it up is easy, panel recall, collapsing track pairs, etc. Although the talk back mic is coupled with the #12 1/4" input, I really don't have a use for the talk back at home, so I don't have a problem dropping it.

Also, does Motu have a place to download the manual for the 828 MKIII? I just want some straight info on the piece, but their site is just the sales pitch. Anyone know if the pdf is floating around out here?

Thanks

Hi Jaques, I'm also interested in the answer to that questions.

I've also got a 1820M and I want to move to TC-Electronics Konnekt 48 or MOTU 828 MKIII, but I can't find the manual of the Motu.

Is it possible to use the Konnekt 48 in stand-alone mode? I've read in a review that it's possible, but I can't find it at the specs or the manual.

i think its possible , if you can conect the mk2 to emu 1820
i think you can conect the mk3 as well, (use the ADAT) optical, and create
new chanels in the PATCH MIX of emu...

can't find the damm user manual for mk3 to...! :shock: :-o

i want the mk3 instead mk2, the mk3 its 192! and they changed tha AD converters... must be a beast!!!
there are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and the others

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

and if you search 828mk3 you'll find about the same.

I did hear some early grumblings of the konekt 48 but I think they have be taken care of (is this the one that is 1500usd?)

Chankro wrote:Hi Jaques, I'm also interested in the answer to that questions.

I've also got a 1820M and I want to move to TC-Electronics Konnekt 48 or MOTU 828 MKIII, but I can't find the manual of the Motu.

Is it possible to use the Konnekt 48 in stand-alone mode? I've read in a review that it's possible, but I can't find it at the specs or the manual.
the konekt runs in stand alone mode using its near control panel to initially apply inserts and save presets into one of three banks (further banks will be saved on the computer)but once disconnected you will need to rely on the remote included which will give you direct control over certain faders and reverb time etc but you will have to assign your own controllers for mic channels 3+4 for example as they are not on the remote as dedicated controls. it is quite similar to the MOTU 828s interface from my understanding. the motu of course offers the screen and buttons to control it without connections to the computer giving you a bit more flexibility.

click on support on the motu site and you can get your instruction manual there. That's how I did it.

Holy neckro batman!!!!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”