Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In looking up that guitar, I found this

On AC/DC's latest album, Black Ice, Young has stated that he used AmpliTube software on "Big Jack" and "Anything Goes"

See, even the purists like amp sims sometimes.

I've had a few LP's that I really liked except for the wieght. Tried the Studio's and honestly they didn't cut it for me. Most of the die hard LP guys I knew way back when went to PRS.

Hibidy, don't kill me for suggesting this.... Digitech Whammy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw_TVTCCgXs

No more soggy slack strings or tortured neck.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

tapper mike wrote:I've had a few LP's that I really liked except for the wieght. Tried the Studio's and honestly they didn't cut it for me. Most of the die hard LP guys I knew way back when went to PRS.

Hibidy, don't kill me for suggesting this.... Digitech Whammy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw_TVTCCgXs

No more soggy slack strings or tortured neck.
I hate the pedal, it sounds so fake, as someone who uses many different methods of getting harmonics and loves a locking nut tremolo I just cant see how this pedal can come close to what I do on a regular basis. A friend of mine loved them from day one and he tried to get me into it but it is imho bogus and fake. Mind you, I dont use many fx on guitar. A little reverb or delay, rarely a wah wah, even more rarely modulation fx and then I NEVER record my guitar with fx unless it's a wah wah and still I record a dry track...the whammy pedal imho is the best example of what I dont like in fx, fx should not be a replacement for things you can do if you work at it.

I do not break necks, I do not break strings, I can tune a locking tremolo in my sleep and I can get far better than that waste of money has to offer...I hate fx that are the lazy man's way of doing it :shrug:

edit emulates hammer ons and pull offs...such a critical part of playing, why would anyone want to emulate what you should know how to do?...btw I heard lots of warble and I heard a lot of tone coloring, still junk imo
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:emulates hammer ons and pull offs
But what if it emulates hammer ons and pull offs while you're hammering on and pulling off? You'd have a Neil Young solo. ;)

hibidy wrote:just what I need.......another guitar :bang:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RG921FBK/
3 left. Doing good so far.......

Fail, I did it! :lol: I now have so many guitars...........

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:emulates hammer ons and pull offs
But what if it emulates hammer ons and pull offs while you're hammering on and pulling off? You'd have a Neil Young solo. ;)
I dont want a Niel Young solo, I want a Hink solo...:shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

hibidy wrote:Fail, I did it! :lol: I now have so many guitars...........
the way you take care of gear and how closely you examine guitars when you get them suggests to me you made a very good investment :tu:

I am looking into the Epiphone LP that comes with Floyd Rose. Plustop I think? Looks good to me.
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

Hink wrote:
the way you take care of gear and how closely you examine guitars when you get them suggests to me you made a very good investment :tu:
We'll see. I like the sexy black. My last black ibby had the sharktooths which I got sick of rather quickly. I really wasn't looking for another "premium" but at this price I couldn't resist (I REALLY wanted another hardtail). I cannot afford what a Mayones or a Caparison cost. Plus, I think the necks are thicker. If I hate it, I can return it. If it's kosher, it will make a nice addition to the stable ( now, do I want drop C or drop B........prolly drop C )

hibidy wrote:
Hink wrote:
We'll see. I like the sexy black. My last black ibby had the sharktooths which I got sick of rather quickly. I really wasn't looking for another "premium" but at this price I couldn't resist (I REALLY wanted another hardtail). I cannot afford what a Mayones or a Caparison cost. Plus, I think the necks are thicker. If I hate it, I can return it. If it's kosher, it will make a nice addition to the stable ( now, do I want drop C or drop B........prolly drop C )
you use .009s right?

Hink wrote:I dont want a Niel Young solo, I want a Hink solo...:shrug:
The problem with my humor is I often don't put in enough of the references to make them decipherable. Think of Neil Young's single note "Cinnamon Girl" solo and then think of what would happen if the Whammy pedal were hammering on and off at the same time as you hammering on and off.

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:I dont want a Niel Young solo, I want a Hink solo...:shrug:
The problem with my humor is I often don't put in enough of the references to make them decipherable. Think of Neil Young's single note "Cinnamon Girl" solo and then think of what would happen if the Whammy pedal were hammering on and off at the same time as you hammering on and off.
this is probably going to sound terrible but I dont know the song well enough to know the solo. It's nothing negative, it's just I haven't had as much exposure to some musicians even pioneers like Niel Young as with others. Or should I say, I never owned albums of some very popular musicians and back in the day one of my chief complaints with commercial radio around here was they never told you the name of the song or who did it(really, I think all of us have gone into a record shop and try to sing the song to them to find out what the name of the song was and who did it). On top of that a lot of music I listened to as a youth was clique based and very, very rarely was that music songs you would hear on the radio. I have said it before but I have always really had a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to commercial radio, I think that's because I remember when FM did not have rock stations and I hated AM radio. When FM radio first came out with rock music you would hear AM versions and FM versions of songs (think Radar Love, the long version and the radio version) but then quickly enough FM radio got as bad as AM radio. I have never been a mainstream guy, I would think that would be crystal clear to many by now :hihi:

There's many, many more..like I have never owned any music from either Steve Vai (solo, I have Zappa with Vai and I did have a few DLR songs with Vai like Shy Boy which is actually a Talas/Billy Sheehan song) or Satriani. I dont think I could recall the names of three songs by either of them (once again their solo stuff).

I respect all these people immensely, their contributions to music have paved the way for my passion but back in the day a lack of availability and/or funds meant to getting into some musicians and not others so you'll have to forgive my ignorance :oops:

Hink wrote:you'll have to forgive my ignorance :oops:
You're forgiven!

One thing Neil Young is famous (infamous?) for is his single note solo in "Cinnamon Girl". So, you might imagine that if the Whammy pedal is faking a hammer on while you're doing a pull off, both notes will come out sounding like the same note. Thus, this Whammy pedal will make you sound like Neil Young.

If the sign of a bad joke is needing to explain it, what is it when I have to explain it twice? ;)

Uncle E wrote:
Hink wrote:you'll have to forgive my ignorance :oops:

If the sign of a bad joke is needing to explain it, what is it when I have to explain it twice? ;)
time to go to school at Hink's PUNiversity? :hihi:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”