Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blueman wrote:
hibidy wrote:
tapper mike wrote:Still can't let go of Ibby's can you?
Depends :shrug: I let go of all except my exceptional prestige.
What do you think of the "premium" series? I'm kind of sweet on the Joe Satriani model at the moment 8)

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... MgodSGcAsw
Well, I sold all my premiums, so........ :hihi:

Biggest problem is sharp fret edges and inconsistent fret level.

Still scrimping and saving for the Ibanez M80M I've vowed to get last year and that has and will not change. A video of it put against the other Ibanez's that Fredrik and Martin use from their studio by a dude whom gets chance to go visit them and man it must be a lot of fun to do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO034QxXqZ0
and even though I have two Ibanez's already (Prestige RG and RGD320Z which is a six but an extended scale-length, I'm not even as big on Ibby as our good friend hibidy)

Here is a pr0n shot of the old RG prestige of mine just for something to share as I don't have any new news as such ImageI didn't take that photograph as I'm shit a photography and don't have a camera with lots of expensive lenses and all that jazz. Looks as good as it plays in that pic :D But my good friend does, I might get him to do some pr0n shots of all the collection maybe :party:

Cool man! Yeah, I only have the one Ibanez left (well, two basses) and it's not going anywhere. I'd like to have the presitge I listed but not for a while. Only little purchases for a while. The 8 you showed is sick, hope you can get it soon.

bought it
brass bridge - Duncan Jazzmaster neck PU & Duncan bridge - sounds very warm thus far, gonna have my guy do a proper setup

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:Still scrimping and saving for the Ibanez M80M I've vowed to get last year and that has and will not change. A video of it put against the other Ibanez's that Fredrik and Martin use from their studio by a dude whom gets chance to go visit them and man it must be a lot of fun to do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO034QxXqZ0
and even though I have two Ibanez's already (Prestige RG and RGD320Z which is a six but an extended scale-length, I'm not even as big on Ibby as our good friend hibidy)

Here is a pr0n shot of the old RG prestige of mine just for something to share as I don't have any new news as such ImageI didn't take that photograph as I'm shit a photography and don't have a camera with lots of expensive lenses and all that jazz. Looks as good as it plays in that pic :D But my good friend does, I might get him to do some pr0n shots of all the collection maybe :party:
:tu: Dean I have had my ibby now for about a year...call it a sign of the end of the world, hell freezing over, freak of nature or a miracle but the only thing I have done to this guitar (besides play it of course) is change the strings and of course only once...no mods, I haven't even had the pickgaurd off of it

yet :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I want to add a Fishman Tripleplay hex pickup midi system next. Not exactly cheap but wow!
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TriplePlayPU/
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Mister Natural wrote:bought it
brass bridge - Duncan Jazzmaster neck PU & Duncan bridge - sounds very warm thus far, gonna have my guy do a proper setup

peace

cool!

Mister Natural wrote:bought it

peace

Tastey
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I hope so too Chris, I'm about half way there. Just the typical what to spend on when it is needed without wasting any on one thing I just don't need...It is a lot harder as you chaps will know all too well done than it is said. I've not even looked at a single thing from NAMM for example just to not distract. I'm doing my best :wink: and trying to keep my 8) I hope you can pickup the prestige model you want mate, I could use a second bass to go with the yammy I have here at home (but that can wait, Ah but see how easy it is to let the focus shift :help: )

John that one in the picture the only things I've done to it are fit heavier gauge strings and set the trem up to cater for those and the lower tuning, So yeah nothing more than a setup. Other than that nothing else :) On the cheaper £320 one I'm going to put some heavier strings on it when I get chance but other than that I think that'll be it really. Only other guitar I have that I've not violated internally and externally is that Maverick F1 which we had a quick chat about on FB quite recently. I'll include the same "yet :hihi: " as yourself also as I can never be 100% something might have to be changed in future :lol: If its anything it'll be the bridge humbucker on the RGD320Z I suspect, Other two mentioned are spot on for my simple wants/needs

and because I haven't spoken to the dude for a while, The 8-String that the one and only Uncle E would no doubt be drawn towards if going for another Ibanez. The reviewer says all that is ever needed to pique Eric's lust at about one minute in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCuNKV53cic#t=66 ;) I'm sure it is a fantastic instrument in every respect aside from the you know what. How are you Eric, Keeping well I hope mate?

Love and best to all as always gents :hug:

Dean

thx fellas; I've wanted a Tele for a couple of years now & have finally found the right one.

My very first electric was a Tele - faded white, maple neck, ashtray. This one feels right . . . again
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Ace Mister Natural, That importance can not be stressed enough...It has to feel right or it just isn't worth having around as eye candy and despite my gests about gold hardware for example, Quite honestly I really do not and would not care at all what I play looks like just as long as it plays/feels right. Pleased for you dude :tu:

Best your way :D

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I hope so too Chris, I'm about half way there. Just the typical what to spend on when it is needed without wasting any on one thing I just don't need...It is a lot harder as you chaps will know all too well done than it is said. I've not even looked at a single thing from NAMM for example just to not distract. I'm doing my best :wink: and trying to keep my 8) I hope you can pickup the prestige model you want mate, I could use a second bass to go with the yammy I have here at home (but that can wait, Ah but see how easy it is to let the focus shift :help: )

John that one in the picture the only things I've done to it are fit heavier gauge strings and set the trem up to cater for those and the lower tuning, So yeah nothing more than a setup. Other than that nothing else :) On the cheaper £320 one I'm going to put some heavier strings on it when I get chance but other than that I think that'll be it really. Only other guitar I have that I've not violated internally and externally is that Maverick F1 which we had a quick chat about on FB quite recently. I'll include the same "yet :hihi: " as yourself also as I can never be 100% something might have to be changed in future :lol: If its anything it'll be the bridge humbucker on the RGD320Z I suspect, Other two mentioned are spot on for my simple wants/needs

and because I haven't spoken to the dude for a while, The 8-String that the one and only Uncle E would no doubt be drawn towards if going for another Ibanez. The reviewer says all that is ever needed to pique Eric's lust at about one minute in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCuNKV53cic#t=66 ;) I'm sure it is a fantastic instrument in every respect aside from the you know what. How are you Eric, Keeping well I hope mate?

Love and best to all as always gents :hug:

Dean

that things a beast Dean, too big for me but I cant wait to hear it and see pics...you'll be cracking some plaster with that ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Integratron wrote:I want to add a Fishman Tripleplay hex pickup midi system next. Not exactly cheap but wow!
Their new electric guitar pickups look really interesting, too. I heard them at the NAMM show, they sound excellent and have no noise. That and the ability to switch between two very distinct sounds are winners for me. Also, instead of batteries, they've got cell phone batteries built-in to term covers and back plates that can be recharged over USB.

I found a Korean company at the NAMM show that makes a very clean strat trem with steel saddles, a steel plate, and a brass block. This is probably what we'll be putting in our strats from now on.

There are so many guitars that I'd like to buy, and upgrades that I'd like to make, but right now I'm seriously thinking that guitars will have to take a back seat so that I can get one of these:

Are you a wind instrument player from experience or is it just something new to venture into?

As kids my bandmates and I posed the question. What instrument if not guitar. The answer was instant and unanimous. Sax. However none of us pursued it further then that.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”